Thick As A Brick

Neil replies to questions from our members.
Keninoz

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi Neil.

I've finally tackled (but not yet mastered) Thick As A Brick while in yet another extended lockdown here in Sydney, Australia.

Thanks for such a great lesson. It's a song I've always wanted to learn since it was first released. Yes, I had an original version with the full double-sided album cover. I've learned & played many songs since then, but not this one.

Do you have plans to do lessons on any other parts of the song? I know it would be a big task, but it's such a legendary song.

Thanks again.

TGNeil

Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:19 am

Glad you're enjoying the lesson. I have thought about doing more of it but could use some suggestions as to what part or parts might be worth doing. Let me know what you think, with time numbers if possible. Most of the other acoustic parts are similar to the opening, as I recall, but I will revisit it soon.

Neil

srambaud

Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:33 am

Hi Neil,
I totally support this and my suggestion is what is called “Legends and Believe in the day” in the 40th Anniversari Edition or in previous editions Part II from exactly 6:00 to more or less 11:00. I think that is a very interesting part with again challenging rhythm changes.
Best,
Santiago

TGNeil

Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:33 pm

Hey Santiago,

Great suggestion and I will see what I can do.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic