Lesson Requesting

Neil replies to questions from our members.
Layne

Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:21 pm

Neil,
First, my apology for misunderstanding the parameters of 'Recommend a Lesson". I confused that for a place to request a lesson. So I guess my question is, do you consider potential artist or song suggestions anywhere other than in the KOA group's 'Request a Lesson'? As I mentioned in my incorrectly placed post, I've been searching for someone who could teach how to play any or all of the music recorded by the folk group Bud and Travis. Is this a possibility here? If not, do you have any suggestions of where else I could/should look?
You have a ton of great information here, and I have no doubt I will learn a lot and enjoy my Silver Membership, which I will absolutely keep. However it was the possibility of finding someone like yourself who could finally answer my search for instruction on this particular group.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks,
Layne

TGNeil

Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:30 pm

Hi Layne,

Welcome to TG! I did see your post about Bud and Travis and checked out a couple of their videos. I will dig a little deeper and see if any of them would make good lessons. They are very talented and I will keep you posted.

Neil

P.S. And a suggestion - it is helpful to add YT links to specific videos you are interested in. I will add a couple to your original post, which I restored as there was no problem with it.

Layne

Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Neil,

Thank you!! I took the liberty of adding one more ... Malagueña Salerosa. I am officially excited now at the prospect of at last possibly learning to properly play some of their music! Hope you find some that will work here. AND, if not ... Have Guitar Will Travel (for private lessons 🤪)?

Layne

TGNeil

Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:38 am

Hey Layne,

I am not sure how developed your ear is but if you want some hints on the progression to Rayito De Luna, start with a capo at the first fret and trust that most of the chords are in the keys of C and Am, starting on E7. Let me know if that gets you anywhere.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic