counting rhythm

willem

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:17 am

Maybe you can write a song about it.

sandysue

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi Willem

Ive been taking singing lessons lately, and I'm finding it even harder to maintain a consistent beat or rhythm sometimes when singing a cappella, much more so than when playing the guitar. You have been a vocalist in a choir for a long time. Do you have some hints on keeping your timing when singing, especially a cappella when you don't have an instrument to help maintain the beat. I've been using a metronome and it helps some.

thanks, Sandy

willem

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:25 am

sandysue wrote:
Hi Willem

Ive been taking singing lessons lately, and I'm finding it even harder to maintain a consistent beat or rhythm sometimes when singing a cappella, much more so than when playing the guitar. You have been a vocalist in a choir for a long time. Do you have some hints on keeping your timing when singing, especially a cappella when you don't have an instrument to help maintain the beat. I've been using a metronome and it helps some.

thanks, Sandy
hi,, hints, we had tracks for practicing de vocal melody, maybe you can make one in gpro..and tap also your feet or move your head on the beats 1-2-3-4 and then feel the beats with your body...

Willem

sandysue

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:34 am

Thank you Willem. I do have Gpro so I'll try and sing along with the tracks and tap my foot to the beat. It works for guitar so it will probably work for voice too.

Thanks, sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic