Suzi's secret life as...... a rock star??

skaladar

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Way to go Suzi! ... What a great way to spend a weekend.

I’m very impressed by the courage it took to perform in front of an audience, especially under those circumstance … playing a song you wrote with people you never met.

From the sounds of it perhaps this has opened some doors for you??? Thanks so much for writing up the weekends agenda. It was a pleasure to read.

♫ Ken ♫

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:46 pm

No way José! I am not settling for anything less than a video of your great night!

there will now be a sit down strike until the video appears!

:P

daryl

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:36 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
No way José! I am not settling for anything less than a video of your great night!

there will now be a sit down strike until the video appears!

:P
How do we know you're sitting Chris? Maybe we need to see a video of THAT!

BTW, Suzi what kind of electric guitar did you play? I'm guessing a Strat. Hopefully is wasn't a Les Paul as they are VERY heavy.

BobR

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Suzi,

Thanks for documenting your Rock Star experience in such great detail it sounded great. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to write and play a song in such a short time. Love to see your pic's

Bob

millponddave

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Suzi,

Way to go! Sounds like a great time ,if a bit nerve racking. I too, would love to see a video of your performance.

Dave

suziko

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Well, Chris, you might be sitting for a while. :) I'll tell you what, if I manage to get my hands on a video somehow, I will post it here. But I can make no promises that I'll get it. However, I DO promise to post a couple of pics of me onstage playing as soon as I get them.

Daryl- Haha, no, no Strat for me. I played something called a "Daisy Rock" electric guitar. When I looked online, I saw that they are marketed as a "girl guitar," and supposedly are lighter weight and with a slimmer neck. That may very well be true, but it was still a heck of a lot heavier than my purely acoustic (i.e. not acoustic/electric) Taylor and Martin.

dekotaj

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Bravo!!Suzi

Way to go!!Rock on girl rock on!!

If you come across the video,Would love to see it.

Kevin

PS-Good thing I didn't ask you to bet on the Green Bay at the Bears game!! :laugh: :laugh:
We took quite a wooping

suziko

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Kevin,

Well, the Packers have certainly taken their share of good hard knocks from the Bears plenty of times (the entire 1980s come to mind!!). Those two teams always play each other tough. You can't take anything for granted when they meet!

Suzi

Lavallee

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

That was a great story Suzi congratulation on taking up the challenge. Was there a moment in the performance that you felt the pressure going down and felt that it was really fun?

Marc

tovo

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Hey Suzi. With a busy schedule today I had to wait until lunchtime to give your story the attention it deserves. Well I really enjoyed reading about your experience. (You're a very good descriptive writer by the way). It sounds like a great experience and a real chance to step outside your comfort zone. I guess the thing with starting a band is that you would get to chose at least some of your band-mates. Being thrown together certainly sounds like a challenge but one that you appear to have overcome pretty well. Your description of playing power chords really struck home with me, I feel like the whole electric experience is cheating! I certainly favour my acoustic anyway, just like you.

Anyway, congratulations on stepping up like that, not that you strike me as a "shrinking violet" (Does that translate? Someone who is very shy just in case) but nevertheless it takes a heap of courage to do what you did, so well done!

Oh and "exes with axes"??? I guess it depends on what type of axe!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic