Tommy Emmanuel Guitar Workshop, Part 1

suziko

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:44 am

Wow, what a great video, Stuart!! Nice quality with both sound and video. Did you have to get there early to get such a good spot?

I wouldn't consider myself a big fan of TE but I watched this video with great interesting. I was impressed by how unpretentious, down-to-earth and charismatic he seems to be as a person. And it was really fun to watch him play. Whether or not you like his style, he truly is a master.

I'd love to see some of the Q&A vids that you have from this workshop.

Thank you for sharing. Hoping to see more soon.

Suzi

BobR

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Stuart,

Very cool.

So the consensus is to post more videos :woohoo:

Bob

reiver

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the positive responses to the video and apologies for the delay in getting back here. I think I have another 4 videos that I can post for you - I'll stick them all up in separate threads to allow easier access. I'll put them up in chronological order to avoid favouritism!

Willem.
Friendly is exactly the right word for it. I know that you wouldn't be disappointed if you got to meet him and I sincerely hope that works out for you one day.

Suzi,
I arrived around 30 minutes before the scheduled start and a few us wandered in as he was tuning up and setting up the sound. He was quite happy for us to find a seat and chat while he was preparing and limbering up. As we placed our seats a respectful distance from the stage he told us to come forward and get closer and that's why I ended up almost too close to film. I hope you enjoy the rest of the videos.

S

wiley

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:24 pm

sbutler

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:04 am

Stuart, that was amazing. I don't think I have enough life left to ever be as good as he is, but what a thrill it would be just to meet him.

Great job on thee video, and I'm looking forward to the next release.

Scott

dennisg

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Stu,

I just got back from a vacation and was thrilled to see this video. I'm an unapologetic fan of Tommy's, and I think he's basically as good a human as he is a guitarist -- and that's saying a lot. I'm very happy to notice that you posted additional videos, which I'll make it a point to watch. You're a lucky guy to have experienced this in person ... and I'm a lucky guy to be able to view the videos.

reiver

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:07 pm

dennisg wrote:
Stu,

I just got back from a vacation and was thrilled to see this video. I'm an unapologetic fan of Tommy's, and I think he's basically as good a human as he is a guitarist -- and that's saying a lot. I'm very happy to notice that you posted additional videos, which I'll make it a point to watch. You're a lucky guy to have experienced this in person ... and I'm a lucky guy to be able to view the videos.
Hi Dennis

Glad you enjoyed the video and hope you enjoyed the rest of them. Tommy does seem to be a polarising figure in the guitar world and there were a few dissenting voices at the festival over his appearance there. Watching him play and talk about guitar at such a close quarters certainly left me with an enhanced opinion of him - he takes what he does very seriously without taking himself too seriously. That always appeals to me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic