Re:Please Introduce Yourself Here

michelew

Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Hey!! Im almost back to the re-diaper stage...lol Have fun here Suzi! ;)

wrench

Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:14 pm

suziko wrote:
Wrench- I've got one already OUT of diapers, so I'm hardly all that young!
Suzi,

You'll never know how young you are until you're old.

Until then, play on! By the way, I give you a lot of credit for making music while raising a young family. Young family was one of many excuses I used to not play, and I now know I missed a chance to share music with my family. Time is the one thing you can never get back. Play on!

wrench

suziko

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Lavallee:
It IS Devil's Tower and, believe me, it's much more spectacular in real life than in pictures. Everyone should see it!

wrench wrote:Young family was one of many excuses I used to not play, and I now know I missed a chance to share music with my family. Time is the one thing you can never get back. Play on!

I think of that often. I still feel slightly bashful playing in front of my 7 year old daughter and husband, but I'm slowly overcoming that. One thing that helped: one day my daughter had a friend over and I was practicing my guitar while they were here. Her friend said, "Is your mom good at guitar?" and my daughter said, "She's great!" Now, for the record, I am NOT great, but just hearing her say that gave me such a lift. So now I play for her, and try to lead her in sing-a-longs to Yellow Submarine and such. In fact, I'm trying to master that pesky Bm chord just so I can play Puff the Magic Dragon for her :)

goldleaf

Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Suiko, thats neat you can play to your daughter. I used to play my guitar to my daughter when she was 10 through early teens. I was a single father and she would always want me to play Rocky Racoon and a few other songs when she went to bed. She's 35 now and I have 2 grandchildren 6 & 9 and they have me play at bedtime when they visit. Talking about family stoping a person from playing, I had a problem playing around my family & others when I was younger, I felt like I should be able to entertain who ever was around me when I played of practiced. I Finally realized I needed to play and practice for my own entertainment and if those around enjoyed it that was good but I still needed to practice things that weren't very entertaining so I could improve but it was a major factor in stopping me from playing and practicing. It's odd that I felt like I had to entertain to be able to play and practice my guitar unless I was totally alone. I'm very happy with TG and my wife is patient when I have to repeat some parts over and over to get it down so I'm finally enjoying playing guitar and actually learning new songs. Now I want to learn how to video and get it on You Tube and TG. Thats my next goal. It's great your family and you are enjoying guitar it is a great release although it can be frustrating occasionally. Good luck and have fun. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic