Re:Please Introduce Yourself Here

cabro

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi All,

My name is Chris. I'm 52 and when not recovering from torn cartilage in my knee and the subsequent surgery, I drive a truck locally for a living. I've been playing since the mid-seventies. I own or co-own (the wife plays too) 4 guitars and 5 basses including most notably IMHO, a Martin DX-1, A mid-seventies model Ibanez Les Paul copy (lawsuit model),a Fender Precision, a Dean 8 string bass and an Olympia 4 string acoustic bass.

I live in southern Indiana across the Ohio River from my hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. We have 3 kids with one left at home, currently attending Indiana University Southeast as an education major. (He's going to be a teacher like his mother.)

I played in working rock and roll bands from about '76 to '91 mostly playing original music to frighten small children by. One of the bands I was in had vinyl pressed 3 different times. Once part of a compilation on a small label in Indianapolis. Once a demo we did got picked up by an indie label in Chicago and most recently the 3 tracks we recorded in Indy were part of a retrospective compilation of my hometown music scene from '79 to '83. One of my greatest musical accomplishments is having received two royalty payments. I would say I'm an intermediate player at best on the guitar and I have a confession to make. I've been known since '81 as a bass player.

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:55 pm

In case anyone is wondering I just spoke with Big JIm and he is going to get a programmer on Monday to look into why the posts have disappeared

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:57 pm

cabro wrote:
Hi All,

I have a confession to make. I've been known since '81 as a bass player.
LOL Welcome to TG Chris and we won't hold being predominantly a Bassist against you (much anyway)

AndyT

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
In case anyone is wondering I just spoke with Big JIm and he is going to get a programmer on Monday to look into why the posts have disappeared
Its all your posts Chas. You've overloaded the server. LOL

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:45 pm

AndyT wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Its all your posts Chas. You've overloaded the server. LOL
It occurred when my post count was a Boeing number 747 is that ominous???

AndyT

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:59 pm

747 = most reliable mast produced aircraft ever...

Not sure what happened...I was actually chatting with Big Jim live when he told me it disappeared so..well have to get one of the lads to dig it up...
Keep the announcements coming though they were just terrific.....

CHeers

Matt

BigBear

Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:51 am

Hi All,
I'm a 32 year old Hungarian. I've been playing the guitar for 7 years.
First I learnt classical style, then rock and blues (solo guitaring).
Although my basics are OK, I'd like to improve myself at home (I have 1 little daughter, the second child is on the way .
I think I'm not so bad, but I should improve my self confidence: playing some songs in front of a small audience almost gives me a heart-attack
I'm really happy that I found this site, Neil's teaching method is great, that's what I need.
I have an ElectroAcoustic Fender Guitar, a classical Yamaha and a noname Electric (stratocaster-style).
My favourite guitarists are Richie Sambora, Ritchie Blackmore and George Harrison. Thank you for the great site.
Laszlo (Laci)

BigBear

Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:52 am

cabro wrote:
... I have a confession to make. I've been known since '81 as a bass player.
Geez, Chris, I was really starting to like you!! ROFL!! Please see my posts on bass player jokes on the Off-Topic thread! Don't feel too bad about playing bass, you could always be a drummer!! :lol:

Glad to have you on the forum! We need more guys our age!! :lol:

willem

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:18 am

BigBear wrote:
cabro wrote:
... I have a confession to make. I've been known since '81 as a bass player.
Geez, Chris, I was really starting to like you!! ROFL!! Please see my posts on bass player jokes on the Off-Topic thread! Don't feel too bad about playing bass, you could always be a drummer!! :lol:

Glad to have you on the forum! We need more guys our age!! :lol:
Sometimes i think my guitar is a drum, it can!! Look at Tommy Emannuel(jungle sounds??)

figwold

Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:59 am

do people actually play bass? I thought you just slapped it in time to the drum lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic