Glad I found Neil

NKenny

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi, I started playing guitar as a teenager in a garage band when the Beatles arrived, as we all did. Never really accomplished much took lessons for a couple of years then stopped. Picked up a acoustic about three years ago,so it has been about40 years as I am now 59. I can can play certain songs and know and can play most chords,even those dreaded bar chords. But now I seem to have gotten to a point and do not progress very much. Always had trouble with rhythm and strumming. It has only been a few days that have joined and already have learned much from Neil. I enjoy finger picking and hope to learn more of that. The live broadcast are a lot of fun.

Have a great day Kenny

BigBear

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:47 pm

NKenny wrote:
Hi, I started playing guitar as a teenager in a garage band when the Beatles arrived, as we all did. Never really accomplished much took lessons for a couple of years then stopped. Picked up a acoustic about three years ago,so it has been about40 years as I am now 59. I can can play certain songs and know and can play most chords,even those dreaded bar chords. But now I seem to have gotten to a point and do not progress very much. Always had trouble with rhythm and strumming. It has only been a few days that have joined and already have learned much from Neil. I enjoy finger picking and hope to learn more of that. The live broadcast are a lot of fun.

Have a great day Kenny
Kenny- man, did you come to the right place!! Many of us old-timers are doing exactly what you're doing! You will fit right in! Welcome to the program!

I've said this hundreds of times but my guitar skills have skyrocketed since joining TARGET. It is the single best guitar purchase I've ever made!

Let us know if we can help you get over the hump. We've all been there!

Happy playin' and cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 am

HI Kenny,

Welcome to TG buddy,

You certainly have come to the right place. I doubt that any of the current members regret buying into this programme (note Bear this is how its spelt we invented the language after all) Sorry Kenny, its a TG thing to make sure you have a dig at Bigbear every opportunity you get.

You hear lots of success stories here about how quickly guys improve with Neils guidance. PLus the community is great lots of knowledgeable people willing to give a hand.

Just remember the prerequisite is to have a dig at Bigbear and keep him in his place lol.

Once again welcome the TG family

BigBear

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:12 am

Chasplaya wrote:
...(note Bear this is how its spelt we invented the language after all) Sorry Kenny, its a TG thing to make sure you have a dig at Bigbear every opportunity you get.
ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catman

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:38 am

Us furry critters stick together. You have to go through me to get to the Bear!!!

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:52 am

Catman wrote:
Us furry critters stick together. You have to go through me to get to the Bear!!!
Take care I could start a category on Cat jokes..

AndyT

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:00 am

And here I thought the Anglish (Scotts spelling) invented it. And even if they didn't, it gives them no right to stop me from making it better. :P

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:07 am

AndyT wrote:
And here I thought the Anglish (Scotts spelling) invented it. And even if they didn't, it gives them no right to stop me from making it better. :P
I guess you had to simplify it and use phonetic spelling, as you didn't have your own language and English as it is spoke is rather too cultured for you colony types old chap. Lol. IN fact American spelling could be regarded as the forerunner for Text speak m8 cya

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:05 am

Welcome NKenny! You struck gold here. You've got Neil's great teaching AND the Monty Pythonesque side show of BigBear, Chasplayer and AndyT's antics...... it's like the Muppets here. :-)

Catman

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:24 am

There is only one cat joke. All the rest are true...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic