Glad I found Neil

AndyT

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm

LOL Catman!

AndyT

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Welcome Kenny! Glad to have another member on board.
As Chris said, its like a muppet show here only muppets don't bite the hand that works them. Isin't that right Bear?

BigBear

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Catman wrote:
Us furry critters stick together. You have to go through me to get to the Bear!!!
Take care I could start a category on Cat jokes..
We could also do Kiwi jokes but I don't want to offend a whole country!! I'm still hoping for the Hobbit movie!

How many Kiwi's does it take to change a light bulb?... Nah, that one's been done before! :lol:

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:33 am

BigBear wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Catman wrote:
Us furry critters stick together. You have to go through me to get to the Bear!!!
Take care I could start a category on Cat jokes..
We could also do Kiwi jokes but I don't want to offend a whole country!! I'm still hoping for the Hobbit movie!

How many Kiwi's does it take to change a light bulb?... Nah, that one's been done before! :lol:
Kiwis are flightless birds and can't reach light bulbs so they ask the Scots immigrants to do it for them. And it takes two of us one to hold the light bulb and the other to turn the room round

musicdoc522

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Any suggestions for us guys/gals who have difficulty with rhythm and strumming. ??? help.

haoli25

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Musicdoc522, the best help for strumming and rhythm problems is to start using a metronome. If you have not used one, they do take a little getting used to, but they are worth the effort.

There has been some talk about TG adding a metronome to this site, until then, here is a free online metronome that will get you started.

Bill

http://www.metronomeonline.com/

musicdoc522

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Bill

Thanks for the online metronome. I do have a metronome but never pursued how to use it with songs and practice. The site you sent me to seems to discuss that, so I think maybe I can start making use of a metronome now. Thanks very much.

Ed

haoli25

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:26 pm

My pleasure Ed. The metronome is great for learning new songs because you can slow it down until you get it right and then gradually bring it back up to the correct tempo. After I have learned a song, but have not practiced for a few months, I tend to play it too fast. The metronome helps me slow down to the correct tempo.

Bill

BigBear

Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Ed- also consider that when you play a new song there are lots of things to learn at the same time. Left hand, right hand, singing perhaps. Guitarist overload!!

Consider learning the rhythm first by just putting your hand over all the strings to mute them. Then just do brush strokes until you get the "feel". Once that pattern is committed to memory start with the chords. And play, super, super slow!!!

All guitarists start off playing too fast because they hear the original song in their heads and that's the way they know they should play. That's a big mistake. Play slowing and accurately. Speed can be learned, accuracy can't!

Good luck!! :cheer:

tovo

Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Hey Bill thanks for the link to the online Metronome. Much better than the one I was using before. Stuff like that is really helpful, thanks again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic