Glad I found Neil

suziko

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Online metronome = awesome. Big thanks!

goldleaf

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Kenny, I had to do a double take when I read your intro. I had to look up at the name to make sure I wasn't reading my own. Same story played in a garage band around the beatles intro put my guitar up early 20's found TG and bought a new guitar, you know that you have to buy a new guitar once you become a secure member of TG. Just to make sure I was OK I bought 3. Hey whats money for if you can't spend some now and then. Just kidding, kinda. Welcome, it's a great place for us 40 to 60 year olds to learn to finally play the guitar. Gary

wrench

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Guys,

I don't want to jack this thread, but you guys are talking about metronome use here, and I NEED to tell you that the metronome is not to be used just until you think you have the feel of a song. Continue to use it regularly, and use it to check yourself out on stuff you think you're doing right.

Again, I don't want to jack this thread, but it seems relevant right here, and I found out the hard way - with the help of some TG friends.

wrench

goldleaf

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:01 pm

I found a great way to practice strumming and timing is to play Richie Havens songs, now that is some strumming. Gary

haoli25

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Excellent point Dan. The metronome is a great teaching tool, second only to Neil Hogan.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic