Anyone in the Austin/Round Rock TX area?

hhistory

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Just curious if there is anyone in the Austin/Round Rock Texas area that may want to comiserate and learn to play together? Looking for a few good buddies to learn to play with learn from each other with the help of TG?

Fogot to introduce myself. Ive been around guitars most of my life, with relatives that are truly gifted players. Always wished I could play since they make it look so easy. 43 years old now, and know that what I have always grown up listening to and watching with relatives didnt come without lots of hard work and practice. I have tried a few times in the past with old guitars that either were not setup right, or just not good guitars, I now am the proud owner of a brand new and sweet sounding Alvarez MD60 with a ceder top. I really want to learn and try to share guitar playing with my kids.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone around here.
Kevin

hhistory

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Is there no one on TG in or around Austin??

AndyT

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:29 am

With over 20,000 members and you living in Texas, you would think that someone would be in your area.
Welcome to the club. I'm the only one in Hawaii.

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:42 am

AndyT wrote:
With over 20,000 members and you living in Texas, you would think that someone would be in your area.
Welcome to the club. I'm the only one in Hawaii.

He thinks he's the only one in Hawaii..
Other Hawaiians might just be afraid to come forward because of the pooh-bah hat!

:laugh:

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:14 am

Hey Kevin:

Welcome! Glad you took the time to introduce yourself. Be patient about finding someone in your area. It took a long time for me to find someone in my area (southern CA)...... Keep up the practice and join in on the fun of the groups and forums. Tons of great info and fine friends.

I plan on making a trip to Houston one of these days to go to "Southpaw Guitars". A guitar store totally geared toward lefties!!! Oh man, do I wish they were nation wide....

Look forward to hearing more from you.

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic