Hello

tjudgjr

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi I'm from Annapolis MD 52 years young and been playing for 4 years. I can't sing so I'm mostly focused on fingerpicking though I'm not too good at it.

BigBear

Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 pm

tjudgjr wrote:
Hi I'm from Annapolis MD 52 years young and been playing for 4 years. I can't sing so I'm mostly focused on fingerpicking though I'm not too good at it.
Tjudgjr- Big Welcome to the program! Glad to have you!! Lot's of great info and people here! My name is Rick but everyone calls me Bear (or other not-so-nice things! LOL!)

You fit right in with us. Lot's of people our age. I just turned 55 and there are dozens more in their 40's and 50's. We had one guy who was in his 70's and was having a heck of a time with barre chords. We can all relate!

If you need any help with anything please let us know. You'd be surprised how much knowledge is on this site!

Good luck with your musical journey and happy playin' Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Welcome Tjudgjr! You're in the right place at the right time and age! Where ever you stand on your skills, you are going to be on another planet by Christmas. Enjoy! Go to the other Hello from earlier today for your TG welcoming Haka!

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Welcome tjudgjr! Thanks for introducing yourself. Like Bear said, we have tons of resources here and lots of fun groups. There are always forum topics to jump in on and Neil has us pretty darn busy with his lessons. More to come as well.

I'll be 40 in January and have been attempting this art for about 2-3yrs now with varying success. Although it can be a bit frustrating at times, it sure is sweet when something finally clicks.......

Again, welcome!

:lol::lol: :lol:

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Welcome to TG tjudgjr, you need to go to the 'Meaning of your site' name methinks lol your one looks interesting.

Its mostly been said but the camraderie here is awesome. I am certain you will find what you need here and the help is always forthcoming from the Forum team, sometimes with free humour thrown in. Someone said go across to another thread to get your NZ Haka welcome, to save the time here it is:

This particular one the words and actions (ignore the fact its by well you'll see) is laying down a challenge and a show of respect, not all Hakas are the same. The challenge is stick with this programme (program for Bear)

Enjoy

Chas

haoli25

Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Hello TJUDGJR. Welcome to the TG Forum. Two drink minimum...we're here all week...try the veal! :)
Seriously, glad to have you here. Join in and ask in questions and share any tips with us.

Bill

AndyT

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:58 am

Veal? BEEF RULEZ! LOL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic