Evening all

laura_s

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Well Rick, on another thread, stole my AA joke. So I guess that tells you I too am British, and we have an appallingly predictable sense of humour.

I’ve been a target member for a few weeks and have been in contact via the forum with some really nice people so, as BigBear suggested, I’m going to introduce myself formally.

I’m 21, and hail from Wales (a few famous people are from my area – good ol’ Tom, the Bassey, the Burton, Novello, Hopkins, and, less notably, that Charlotte Church woman…) where I’ve just finished an art degree. After three years of being in a studio and doing little else, I’ve decided to come back to guitar playing because I used to enjoy it so much. My friends are all quite adept at playing, and it would be nice to have the confidence to jam with them at the beach or the pub. It’s nice to know I’ve forgotten more than I ever knew.

What else can I say? Um. I like tea, I have a wide taste in music (ranging from Bach to Debussy to Novello, to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, to Jeff Buckley to Kings of Leon to Fleet Foxes…), I often enjoy warbling along with Piaf in a bad accent, I shamefully enjoy Cher and the Backstreet Boys, and I’m still really bad at maths.

Hi!

Laura

Music Junkie

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Laura:

Thanks for saying hi. Glad to have you here. Cher and The Backstreet Boys! Oh man are we going to have fun with you (lol - just kidding). This is a great place to be if you want to learn more and jam with your friends. Also, if you are having any math problems, there are enough of us old farts that are engineers around here to answer any lingering questions on Integration by parts or LeGrand Multipliers...... O.K. maybe a bit overboard....:woohoo:

Once again, welcome and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Good Playing! :P

BigBear

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Laura:

Thanks for saying hi. Glad to have you here. Cher and The Backstreet Boys! Oh man are we going to have fun with you (lol - just kidding). This is a great place to be if you want to learn more and jam with your friends. Also, if you are having any math problems, there are enough of us old farts that are engineers around here to answer any lingering questions on Integration by parts or LeGrand Multipliers...... O.K. maybe a bit overboard....:woohoo:

Once again, welcome and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Good Playing! :P
MJ- you crack me up!!!! LOL!

Laura- what city are from? I spent some time in Wales and really loved the country and the people although some of the names drove me crazy!! What was the name of that ferry port I took to Ireland!! How does anyone pronounce that? LOL! I remember Snowdonia as being stunningly beautiful (my car broke down there!). And I think I visited about 30 castles; what a treaure trove of castles!

You are very lucky to have friends that play and are more skilled than you are. That is a gift and I hope you take full advantage of it! It is really hard to find people to find people to play with and it can really help accelerate your learning.

Now I can live with Cher but the BackStreet Boys?? Oh my!! That's brutal!! LOL! :lol:

Anyway, thanks again for posting here and welcome again. There aren't enough female guitarists on this site so you are most welcome indeed!!

AndyT

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Welcome Laura! As Bear said, we don't have very many female guitar players here, so welcome!

Bear wants you to think he is a very cultured world traveler, when the simple truth is that he's been hunted in every country on the planet. Think of Yogi in a cave with a notebook trying to play guitar.....

BigBear

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:23 pm

AndyT wrote:
Bear wants you to think he is a very cultured world traveler, when the simple truth is that he's been hunted in every country on the planet. Think of Yogi in a cave with a notebook trying to play guitar.....

Now that is really funny!! You must have eaten your poi this morning! Tiny Bubbles....!!

Yes, I have eaten raw salmon out of the river on several continents!! Some places they call it sushi, other places call it bait! But you can tell I've never been to Kiwiland because they don't have bears there! That's just wrong!! :lol:

Music Junkie

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:00 pm

BigBear wrote:
AndyT wrote:

Now that is really funny!! You must have eaten your poi this morning! Tiny Bubbles....!!

Yes, I have eaten raw salmon out of the river on several continents!! Some places they call it sushi, other places call it bait! But you can tell I've never been to Kiwiland because they don't have bears there! That's just wrong!! :lol:
O.K. Children. Do I have to step in and separate you two???? You see these two eyes? I am watching you......:P

RicksPick

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:25 am

Hello Laura

Welcome to the site

You know what it's like when a nice young good looking lady turns up eating Leeks
Some start pulling their guts in and puffing out their chests.
LOL LMAO :laugh:

Sorry just found that image funny

Welcome Laura sounds as if you might progress quickly
and im sure there will be lot's of helpfull advice
Happy birthday ( belated)

RicksPick

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:52 am

HI Laura welcome to TG its a great place for lots of like minded people out to have a good time whlst learning guitar.

CSNY cool Cher yeah ok Backstreet boys weeeellllll Hey each to there own I guess lol.

Hope you got that PDF I sent, just take it slowly and you'll get it, but there is a lot of it to learn.

I note Bear and the rest have welcomed you just watch those tourists though, Britain got rid of bears years ago, isn't it obvious why now!! lol

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:14 am

Hi Laura in wonderful Wales! Nice to see you here. I see you've been skulking around undercover for a few weeks before you declared yourself here, wise girl! As to Cher and the Backstreet Boys: it could have been worse (eh Chas?)it could have been Bay City Rollers!!! And Bear..... there are no cities in Wales...it's all hills, sheep and wonderful voices!

willem

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:31 am

Hello Laura Wales,its a nice place here to jam!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic