Another newbie

flyfish1

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Greetings from Toronto, Ontario. Well after 40 years I've finally kept the promise that I made to myself and took up the guitar. I've been at it for about a year now, mostly self taught but with a few lessons thrown in for good measure. When I tuned in to the TG site I knew that I found something worthwhile and quickly became a Target member last week. When I'm not out chasing trout with my flyrod, I really enjoy picking and strumming my Seagull S6 Coastline guitar, especially now that I have access to all these great lessons and tips.
Can't wait to really get into this.

Cheers
Andrew
(aka flyfish1)

AcousticAl

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Well let ME be the 1st to welcome a fellow Torontonian!

Welcome and good to have you aboard, Andrew!

You'll find it very addictive here..

Al

haoli25

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 pm

Welcome Andrew, we are glad you are here. There are many, many great musicians on this Forum that will be all to happy to help you in any way that they can. So ask any questions and share any tips or opinions with us.

Bill

rcsnydley

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Welcome Andrew from a sort of neighbor in Vermont. This is a great site with a lot of great members and some excellent lessons. Also, be sure to check out the groups and other activities.

Ric

goldleaf

Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:13 pm

Andrew, glad to have you aboard. When I found TG about 2 months ago it rekindled my guitar playing that had been dormant or at least not moving forward for 40 years. I am now learning some of my long time favorite songs. You'll find all the help you need with great members. Like you, it didn't take me long to spot a winner and I signed up immediately and have enjoyed TG since then. Have fun. Gary

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 am

Hi Andrew, Welcome to TG its a great place heaps to over occupy your time lol and good friends to be made, even although some of them are ever so slightly mad

BigBear

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:33 am

Welcome Andrew from another fly fisherman! You'll really enjoy this site! Most of us have seen dramatic improvement in their guitar playing since we joined and it just keeps getting better! Lots of really great people here and one of the best is your fellow Torontian, Al. See all the buffalo hats on our avatars? We can all thank Al!!

BTW- I'm from Oregon and we have some superb fly fishing here as you do there. I took my honeymoon fly fishing in British Columbia. It was the most fun you can have with your clothes on!! Those big Kamloops rainbows are a treat! The only problem was every fly in Canada is named something totally different from the US. lol! I decided who cares what they're called if they catch fish!! And we caught a few!

Enjoy the TARGET program and happy playin' :cheer:

AcousticAl

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:16 am

I have no idea what Bear is talking about.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 am

Hi to Toronto from Zürich Andrew. With 2 Canadian sisters and a Mapleleaf strap on my 12 string, I feel the bond. Enjoy the ride and don't miss your first TG live on saturday (like I did when I first signed up!). P.S. Sorry about the hats. YOu need to have a word with Al aboot that, eh.

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 am

Welcome Andrew, from another fly fisherman here in California. The Owens River Valley is quite a bit of fun. Some beautiful browns and brooks out here. As everyone has said, you will find many friends here with lots to offer up. Although I still struggle with most things guitar, I have improved considerably since joining the site. Neil has a great way of teaching, and when he can't get to your questions right away there are tons of folks that roam these halls with good answers for you.

Cheers and good playing.

MJ

B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic