Hello from the Azores, Portugal!

lcousino

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Hey everyone, Larry here from a tiny island called Terceira, which is part of a group of islands called the Azores and is part of Portugal. I am in the US Air Force and have been wanting to learn the guitar for some time. I look forward to lesson 1, which I will start tomorrow, cause it is already 10:30pm and I have to work tomorrow. Ciao! B)

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Larry welcome to TG, I am ex Airforce tho not US but NZ. The lessons are really great as are the song tutorials. I'll guarantee you will get a lot out of this site.

regards

Chas

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:06 pm

lcousino wrote:
Hey everyone, Larry here from a tiny island called Terceira, which is part of a group of islands called the Azores and is part of Portugal. I am in the US Air Force and have been wanting to learn the guitar for some time. I look forward to lesson 1, which I will start tomorrow, cause it is already 10:30pm and I have to work tomorrow. Ciao! B)

Welcome welcome..

I love Portugal..

Awesome surfing..

and just fab,

Cheers

AndyT

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:30 am

Hi Larry. I think you will love it here. If you fail to learn anything, just remember, to blame Chas, not Neil. Neil is an innocent guitar teacher while Chas is a crafty Kiwi Muppetized Pirate. :laugh:

AndyT

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:32 am

Almost forgot! Watch out for BigBear! He is forever trying to get people to write an autobiography in a thread here. Makes growling noises if you don't. ;)

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:54 am

Hey Larry!

Glad you could join the site. I think you will find it to be very addicting..... There are tons of good folks here who are always willing to help (or get out of line, depending on the day and their mood). Either way, there are some great lessons posted already and more coming down the line. Like Andy said, watch out for the bear, and take the time to introduce yourself over in the introduction thread. Also check out the groups, as there are some good ones and some fun ones, and even some good fun ones.....lol

Cheers!

MJ

:P

rcsnydley

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:29 am

Welcome to the site Larry. You will find a lot of very friendly guitar players here who are very willing to help out in any way they can. Be sure to check out the groups available in the community section as they contain some great info and are a lot of fun.

Ric

BigBear

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:36 pm

Wow! You guys did such a great job warning Larry about me that I don't even need to ask him to tell us more about himself and his musical tastes! :lol:

Welcome Larry! And thank you for your service to our country!! Hope you enjoy being part of the program! Happy playin' :cheer:

haoli25

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:16 pm

Ditto that Big Bear! Your service to our country is very much appreciated Larry. We are very glad that you are here on the TG Forum. We are a lively bunch! :) If we can be of any help to you as you begin learning the guitar, just ask.

Bill

lcousino

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Wow! Talk about a warm welcome. I really appreciate the kind words from everyone and look forward to learning from all of you.

I complete the first beginner lesson and learned a few things. First, I was not given Mozart's prodigy talents. :laugh: I'm ok with that! Also, I learned I was holding my hand to close to the neck.

Now my first question. At what point should I move on to the next lesson? How long should I practive everyday?

Today, I played through the four lesson and then an additional 15 minutes or so, but felt I should stop cause my hand was a bit tired and I was starting to play a bit worse.

Thanks in advance for your advise Mighty Guitar Gurus!!!

Larry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic