hello

scott s

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Scott from Minnesota. Although I've sorta..kinda played around with a guitar for a while I decided maybe if I spent the time to make one I'd be inspired to actually learn how to play. Built the one in the photo last winter when it was to cold outside to do much else then surfed around the net for lessons until I landed here. Been a target member for 5 or 6 weeks and made progress on several songs I've butchered for years...thanks for the great song selection Neil! SS

haoli25

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Welcome to TG, Scott. Glad to have you with us. Neil is a great teacher and their are a lot of very good musicians on this site willing to help you. If you have a question, just ask. Your comments, suggestions, and opinions are also welcome.
When you have the time, check out some of the TG Groups.

Bill

BigBear

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 pm

scott s wrote:
Scott from Minnesota. Although I've sorta..kinda played around with a guitar for a while I decided maybe if I spent the time to make one I'd be inspired to actually learn how to play. Built the one in the photo last winter when it was to cold outside to do much else then surfed around the net for lessons until I landed here. Been a target member for 5 or 6 weeks and made progress on several songs I've butchered for years...thanks for the great song selection Neil! SS

Hey Scott! Welcome to the Target program! My granddad was an old Swede fom Duluth. Said you guys grow some pretty good sized 'skeeters on those lakes!

So how did the guitar you built turn out? What did you learn that you would or wouldn't do again?

Glad you are busy working on Neil's lessons. It's like trying to tazke a sip of water from a firehose right?! :lol:

So tell us a little about your guitar goals and your musical tastes. Where do you want this musical journey to take you?

Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi Scott, Welcome to TG (again), I have that NY chord chart if you PM me your email. I'd be interested in the story behind making your own guitar, and how it turned out

scott s

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:55 pm

I can't argue about the skeets but it's the small ones that come in waves that you have to look out for! Firehose yep perfect.. The built turned out way better than I hoped it might. Learned a ton about guitars in the process and will do another when I have a chance. Now if I invest the same time playing as building we'll se where it goes. SS

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm

scott s wrote:
I can't argue about the skeets but it's the small ones that come in waves that you have to look out for! Firehose yep perfect.. The built turned out way better than I hoped it might. Learned a ton about guitars in the process and will do another when I have a chance. Now if I invest the same time playing as building we'll se where it goes. SS
You need to post some pics of your guitar in the Photo albums, i'm certain a lot of folks would be interested.

rcsnydley

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:47 pm

Welcome to the site Scott. Don't let the blue hats scare you they're better than the pointed hat you have to wear when sit on the stool in the corner.

Be sure to check out the groups over in the community section. Lots of great people here willing to help out in any way possible. Plus, feel free to offer anything you'd like as this is a site that thrives on sharing.

Ric

AndyT

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:40 am

Yep, there are a few of us that would like to have more info on your homebuilt guitar.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:55 am

There you go Scott.... told you the guys would be really interested in your home-made guitar. You could get some more detailed pics up and start a thread about how you went about it and the whole experience... I'm sure that would be very appreciated. ANd again: Welcome! Chris

Music Junkie

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 am

Scott:

We have a group dedicated to guitar building. I would love to hear and see more of your work! Take a peek over here: http://www.totallyguitars.com/community ... r+Building

Hope you enjoy the site, and we all look forward to hearing more.

MJ

:laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic