Hello from other side of the Earth

pigors

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 am

Hey, guys, I`v been here for a while (before Target went in the air) but never really took a deeper look in to the forum. My name is Andris (in Eng, if I am not mistaken, its Andrew). I live in Latvia, 5 min walk form Baltic sea. I ll be playing guitar for 2 years in next Christmas and have basically no musical education only great interest. Im turning 24 in January.

In my still pretty short life i have 3 great passions. First would be my girl which is still not mine but I am working on it :D, second, of course, is guitar - sometimes i just love to hold her while watching a movie and not play anything at all. Third would be beach volleyball. I am about zillion times more talented volleyball than I am guitar player and thats one of the reasons I love guitaring so much - cant stand when I am not getting something right :D.

My first song on guitar was "Knocking on the heavens doors" or "Stairway to heaven". Not sure. Actually, Stairway and Jhonny B Good was reasons why I started at all. I just cant tell you in words how much I love blues, classical and psychedelic rock. To me Led Zeppelin is greatest band ever and close second comes in Jimi himself. Probably can go on and on about bands I love. So do we all. :)

I dont know how much I ll be here longer, couse economic crysis is hitting Latvia really hard and I literally have to chose between internet bill and TG membership. Till now I some how have managed to squeeze through but dont know how much longer, not mentioning my strings have been dead for months now :D. But thats okay, I love here anyway, bit harder to get in tune :D. Other than that, Latvia is beautiful land and cant imagine myself living elsewhere. Mhh, maybe couple years in California golden sand just for adventure, since all my favorite musicians have walked that ground. Actually i ll go and check out working opportunities right now, so that would be end for introducing myself. :D

Heres me playing ball:

Heres me playing not ball:

pigors

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:10 am

Hmm, not quite sure how to attach picture.

Chasplaya

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:14 am

pigors wrote:
Hmm, not quite sure how to attach picture.

Welcome to TG Andris good to see you here mate hope things improve in Latvia for you.

When writing your post and you want to place a pic in it, place the cursor at the point where you want it, then use the browse function, once you have found it click on the next button over img ,the site only accepts certain types of file and a limited size so trial and error is the name of the game.
best of luck

Chas

haoli25

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:15 am

Hello Andris. Good to have you here on the Forum and in the TARGET program. I hope the economic circumstances allow you to stay in the program. You are in good company here there are lots of Zeppelin fans, me included.

Bill

AcousticAl

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:59 am

Hi Andris,

Thanks for introducing yourself. Hope you can stick it out longer on TG. But I know what you mean about the economy. They're saying that Canada is on the rebound now- but I have yet to see it.

Try to upload your pics again. Would like to see them.

Al

pigors

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 am

Me and my sister at her high school graduation.

pigors

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:34 am

Me balling

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:02 am

Hi Andris! Welcome on the forum. If you need help with that girlfriend..... TG is no doubt the home of some well experienced wolves! But you don't look like you should have a problem with the girls (what say you ladies? Barb?)! Maybe we better stick to helping with guitar... some great people here for that. Have fun here and stay on line by hook or by crook! Great English by the way. Chris

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 am

Andris: Welcome, and thanks for sharing your info. I truly hope that you get to stay here for as log as possible. Lots of good people and a great place to learn in a FRIENDLY environment.

I used to play quite a bit of beach volleyball living down here in Southern California. Lots of that going around. I can honestly say that I was not very good at that either....lol

Hope you enjoy your time here, and I hope to hear more from your side of the world.

goldleaf

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Andris, welcome. Hope you enjoy TG and like some of the songs Neil has put a lot of work into making sound good. I know TG has helped me finally move ahead by learning some great songs complete. It's nice to hear from people from all parts of our world. Ask any questions you want, there are many people who are very helpful. Good luck. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic