It's about time

dekotaj

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:27 pm

I have been a member from the very start of the target program and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I'm pretty new to guitar, I started playing at 40, and like most things I do I probably go a little overboard with it. So far I have collected 19 guitars, my favorites are a Gibson SG standard, a Gibson 1984 reissue Explorer, and Fender Stratocaster. My musical taste falls mostly in classic rock and 80's metal music, but I like most music. I love motorcycles and own 2 a Suzuki 1997 RF900R, and a 2005 Yamaha Road Star. I also fish alot.

Mike

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:45 pm

Mike:

Glad you took the time to formally introduce yourself. Another late comer to the guitar. No shortage of those here....lol

Love the avatar pic, that is a nice fish! Where did you go to catch that bad dude? I love to fish as well, but I concentrate mostly on the high Sierras, and there are not any that big where I go (well, maybe in some of the lakes, but I prefer the streams).

:)

BigBear

Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:15 pm

MikeBarney83 wrote:
I have been a member from the very start of the target program and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I'm pretty new to guitar, I started playing at 40, and like most things I do I probably go a little overboard with it. So far I have collected 19 guitars, my favorites are a Gibson SG standard, a Gibson 1984 reissue Explorer, and Fender Stratocaster. My musical taste falls mostly in classic rock and 80's metal music, but I like most music. I love motorcycles and own 2 a Suzuki 1997 RF900R, and a 2005 Yamaha Road Star. I also fish alot.

Mike
Hey Mike, thanks for introducing yourself! I wish we could get all TARGET members to do it. We've got some really interesting people. I'm just not one of them! lol!

A little overboard? lol! Good effort, 19 guitars! You're either single or have an incredibly understanding wife!! It would take me about 4 more wives to get to 19!

BTW- nice fish! One of my favorite hobbies is fly fishing the high central Oregon rivers and lakes. Simply nirvana! Don't do it enough though.

Anyway, keep us up to date on what you're working on and post a vid if you dare! Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi Mike and a belated welocme to Tg.

What are you a kleptomaniac or something lol 19 guitars awesome! I only have 6!

Starting on the bike collection now eh?

Anyways keep in touch on the forums buddy, even with the not so interesting Bear!

haoli25

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi Mike. Good to have you with us in the Forum. There are truly some great musicians here and even better people, I think you'll like it. If you have any questions, please ask and also feel free to share your tips and opinions with the rest of us.

First up, I want your tips for acquiring 19 guitars and also for catching that whale! :laugh:

Bill

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:41 pm

haoli25 wrote:
There are truly some great musicians here and even better people,

Bill
Very true i'm a better person than a musician....:S

rcsnydley

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:08 am

Hey Mike

Welcome to TG and the TARGET program and of course the forum. If you haven't already check out the great groups that on here on TG also.

Ric

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:27 pm

Welcome Mike. Lurking in the background and collecting guitars and motorbikes seems like a good way to spend your time. Just don't get the others like Bear, Al and MJ(?) all excited about fishing or we'll never hear the end of it! I believe its the nr.1 sport in my homeland England.... that's probably why I left. Just don't get your lines and guitar strings tangled.:)

Music Junkie

Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:50 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Welcome Mike. Lurking in the background and collecting guitars and motorbikes seems like a good way to spend your time. Just don't get the others like Bear, Al and MJ(?) all excited about fishing or we'll never hear the end of it! I believe its the nr.1 sport in my homeland England.... that's probably why I left. Just don't get your lines and guitar strings tangled.:)
Hey now, don't knock fishing! It, and playing the guitar are what keep me sane (well, not completely....LOL).

:silly:

Chasplaya

Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:

Hey now, don't knock fishing! It, and playing the guitar are what keep me sane (well, not completely....LOL).

:silly:
Ahem, dare i say I don't think its working, you need to up the meds more guitar my friend lots more, Docs orders lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic