Hi from Adelaide

tovo

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:25 am

Hey Nemaste thanks for the welcome. I reckon all Taylors are pretty good. Sure there is a difference in terms of all solid vs laminate but I think the 214 is fine. Truth be known my 410 is way too good for me but I was fortunate enough to be able to afford it so I grabbed it. I think practice, patience and perseverance are much more important than which model guitar we are using. Having said that I agree with you that the pickup is a nice thing to have.

Cheers mate,

Tony

1robekert

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Hey Tony,
Thought I would reply to your thread since you did mine. I just saw Dave Matthews a few nights ago. He swapped different Taylors through out the night. He even broke out a 12 string for a song or two. Those guitars sounded great. I have a son who puts me to shame on the guitar too. He is only 10.
Rob

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Welcome aboard Tony!

As you've already read, there's a lot of people ready and willing to encourage and help you out with your playing.

I agree with you about when threads take a political turn- that's usually when I take a pass. (although that's also probably the polite Canadian in me:).

Anyways, welcome to the site!

Al

P.S. Is it true that "Ogres are like onions"?

tovo

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Cheers Rob, thanks for taking the time.

You too Al. I agree I have found the forum so far to be terrific, I've waded in to a lot of threads and it's seems to me that there are no "angry" types on this site, just a lot of encouragement and people digging guitar.

I sort of wish I hadn't commented on the "off-topic" thread thing. Not very smart for my first post to risk causing offense where none was intended. It was just that the first thread I read seemed to contain a lot of "my country is better than yours" sort of stuff and I thought "oh no!". I realize now I have been around for a few days that it is all in good fun and in the end if you don't like a topic...don't participate. Easy.

So you are Canadian! I have relatives in Calgary. We had a Canadian colleague out recently doing some work with my company and man, could he play guitar! I took him home for a meal and he picked up my guitar and my jaw dropped onto the floor. My kids were very impressed. Even more so because Tom is missing a good part of his ring finger but that doesn't seem to hold him back.

Anyway...that's quite a rant on my part! Thanks for the welcome.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic