Hi from the Great White (wet) North

beaker

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 am

Hi I am messaging (& practicing ) from North Vancouver BC. I have been playing guitar for over 20 something years on and off. I took my 1st lesson when I was about 12. I loved The Who back then and I was all about playing Pinball Wizard! Anyway my tastes have diversified since then but I still love the classic rock. My main influences are The Dead, Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Ben Harper, Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, that type of stuff. I only play acoustic and have 2 guitars so I can keep one in a dropped tuning for easy access. Blah, Blah, ....anyway super psyched to finally be improving and learning new things again.....I am becoming obsessed! Beaker.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Welcome in the north from quite a bit further east (Switzerland) Beaker! With 2 Canadian sisters, any Canadian guitar player is a friend of mine. Hope you enjoy TARGET and all the loonie tunes and Muppets you'll find here. Just make a note of getting your Poobah hat (0ptional, almost ;-) )a.s.a.p. from AcousticAL. Chris :cheer:

BigBear

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:04 pm

beaker wrote:
Hi I am messaging (& practicing ) from North Vancouver BC. I have been playing guitar for over 20 something years on and off. I took my 1st lesson when I was about 12. I loved The Who back then and I was all about playing Pinball Wizard! Anyway my tastes have diversified since then but I still love the classic rock. My main influences are The Dead, Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Ben Harper, Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, that type of stuff. I only play acoustic and have 2 guitars so I can keep one in a dropped tuning for easy access. Blah, Blah, ....anyway super psyched to finally be improving and learning new things again.....I am becoming obsessed! Beaker.
Beaker- a huge welcome from Hillsboro (Portland) Oregon! We're glad to have you with us. You will love this site. More info than you can possibly use and so many great people. Your taste in music is certainly right in line with so many of us!

I responded to your post regarding Travis picking. IF you ever need any help or encouragement just chime right in!

Good luck and cheers! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Welcome Beaker!

Good to have you here. Like Bear mentioned, your musical tastes will fit in nicely around here. You should have a lot of fun. Look forward to hearing from you more in the forums. Also, make sure you check out the groups as well, as there is a lot of good stuff over there as well.

MJ

:)

karl01

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Welocme Breaker. Also from the Great White North but a bit east of you. Im in Toronto and its dry and warm 18 days with out rain.

Karl

Lavallee

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Welcome to TG, Beaker, from even further east in Montreal. I am all with your musical choices

Marc

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Man, all you guys from up in Canada. That is great! Although, you should all try on Southern Cali for the weather..... Down here in Ventura, our average year round temp is about 68 - 74 degrees F. Avg. rainfall is about 14-17 inches. Sunny and mild is just fine for me. However, we do not have "Seasons" which can be a bit of a bummer sometimes. Christmas at the beach!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

:laugh:

AndyT

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 pm

WELCOME Beaker!

(MJ, can't call you Beaker anymore. LOL)

All they said above. LOL! Welcome again!

Chasplaya

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:01 am

Welcome Beaker, the nickname fits right in here. I am sure you'll enjoy your time here so much to learn from Neil and some of the 'Muppets' on the forums.

BRBbrb

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:39 am

Hi beaker; good taste in music, we have alot of groups here featuring these artists. Just curious why beaker? Think we have a thread here somewhere on how we picked our user names.:unsure:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic