Hello from Northern California

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Yes it is! The Kings River is very fun. We used to tube down it with ice chests full of beer.... Not too bright looking back on it. Managed to survive though. You gotta do something to get out of that 110 degree weather though..... :laugh:

goldleaf

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Bill, my sister and all my kin live in San Diego. I just went down for a wedding and a weeks visit 9/2/09 - 9/9/09. My daughter came in from Phoenix w/ my granddaughters, we went to Sea World. Yes I think San Diego is one of the best places to live that I know of. Actually we moved from central San Diego in the 50's to El Cajon, where they make Taylor guitars and my sister lives in Alpine another 15 minutes E. of central SD. Carlsbad, home of Buffalo Brothers Music Co. They have a load of top of the line guitars in stock. Almost stopped there on the way home, but the wife had enough with the Taylor factory tour, didn't want to push it. Gary

goldleaf

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:46 pm

MJ, if you went to Fresno State and didn't tube down the Kings during the summer it was because you went home to some other town for the summer, the beer just is great balast, keeps you from tipping over into that cold Kings river water. Gary.

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

goldleaf wrote:
MJ, if you went to Fresno State and didn't tube down the Kings during the summer it was because you went home to some other town for the summer, the beer just is great balast, keeps you from tipping over into that cold Kings river water. Gary.
Boy, was that a major contrast or what. Floating down the river with your rear end freezing and stinging while your front end was melting...... Good times..... B)

goldleaf

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Yea, if the cold water didn't get you the bears would. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic