Hi from spain

goldleaf

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Welcome, hope you enjoy TG as much as I have. It has a great group of mates ready to answer any questions you may have. Gary

AcousticAl

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:06 am

Would love to visit Spain someday. Feel free to upload some pics if you get a chance.

Welcome to the site!

Al

Lavallee

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:38 am

Hi Bazza , welcome to the site . Where about in Spain do you live?

Marc

bazzaspain

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Bazza , welcome to the site . Where about in Spain do you live?

Marc
North east about 100 km from Barcelona maybe 50 km from the border with France in the Costa Brava, we are a few minutes from about 5 small beach resorts Begur, Llafranc, Tamariou, Calella de Palafrugel and Agua Blava, it's a very beautiful coastline

1robekert

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:48 am

Hi Bazza,
Welcome. My daughter is a Spanish Major in High School. Next summer she will go on a trip run by the Spanish Department in her school, to Spain. Twenty days in June into early July. She is pretty excited but a little scared. We will not be with her. I am sure Spain will welcome her with open arms.............as many do on TG.
Rob

bazzaspain

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:21 pm

1robekert wrote:
Hi Bazza,
Welcome. My daughter is a Spanish Major in High School. Next summer she will go on a trip run by the Spanish Department in her school, to Spain. Twenty days in June into early July. She is pretty excited but a little scared. We will not be with her. I am sure Spain will welcome her with open arms.............as many do on TG.
Rob

Well I have to say by and large I've found the Spanish people really friendly, so hopefully she should find a warm welcome and there are some lovely places in Spain
Culturally the south is different to the north but generally everywhere is pretty nice although Spain has suffered a bit from overdevelopment in some of the resorts especially in the south.
A word of warning though, I know that some of the tourist places in Barcelona pickpockets can be a problem and I would imagine some of the other cities and tourist sites it can be a problem, in a generally friendly country it's easy to have your guard down so make sure she keeps her money and valuables safe. I have to say that generally I don't think it's the Spanish but there will always be a certain number of shall we say ne'er do wells attracted to the tourist places, so it's as well to be forewarned

ceeseene

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:14 am

Hi Bazza and Rob.
This is from a spanish man living in Spain.
I'm sure Rob's daughter will receive a very warm welcome from spanish people. And that she will love our meals (almost everybody does).
But, please do not confuse. Robbery problem is EVERYWHERE. You have to take care of your belongings at all times. Whenever to visit a venue for a concert, or at the supermarket near your home, at the 7/11 early in the morning, at the cinema or the dancing bar you go, or the swimming pool, or just at the corner of your home.
Now, with the due care and dilligence you can go anywhere (do not tell me about the Bronx, please).
I love to live in this country and I have visited some others at Europe, Africa, and the USA, as well. Saint Louis and Washington to be exact. I love some things I saw, enjoyed and lived experiences at those countries, but mine have something else for me and for some foreigners. Other countries have something else special, of course, that makes the visiting worth.
I live about 100 km south west from Barcelona, in the coast, in a town called Tarragona. I use to visit Barcelona for whatever reasons (concerts, sports, museums, shopping, etc.) and I always watch out for my belongings since I leave home. As I always do, everywhere I go.

Hasta la vista amigos,
CeeSeeNe

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:23 am

Hola Ceeseene! That's too good: my brother lives in Tarragona and I'll be visiting him at just before Christmas time with my sisters, my daughter and my sister's family for his 60th. Looking forward to that. Any recommendations? Greetings from Switzerland (lowest criminality in Europe... but you still have to watch your things). Chris

ceeseene

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Chris,
Nice to hear. Yes, I have a lot of recommendations from my town. It is worth visiting for a lot of reasons, your brother will know for sure. To make it short: Tarragona is about 2000 years old town and a chosen one from the Roman Emperors (Called Tarraco Augusta). Thus we still have a lot of Roman ruins and museums. We have sea and we have mountains within a 25 km range. Thus we have the best of sea food, meats, vegetables, olive oils and (worldwide priced) red wines in the region of "Priorat", about half an hour driving from Tarragona.
About a ten minutes drive from my home we have an amusement Park that could challenge any of Disney parks or similar, called "Port Aventura". (Just google it and you can see).
Barcelona is less than one hour driving from here.
On another line, it would be fine to meet and play guitar having an unforgettable jam session when you are in my town. Just drop me a line in my personal profile to keep it out from this forum.
Bazza you are welcome too. You are about two hours drive from here. I have two guitars but if you bring your D28 will be better. Other details can be settled later on.

Hasta la vista amigos (See you later my frends)
CeeSeeNe

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:44 pm

...let's do that ceeseene! I'll mail you when I know more about the schedule. Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic