Howdy from South Carolina

aitch

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 am

Hello. Well, I started around January of this year trying to teach myself using the Mel Bay modern method. I stumbled onto this site a couple of weeks ago and became a Target member this past weekend. My enthusiasm seems to be 10x to what it was 3 weeks ago. I feel like I've learned more in the past 10 days than the entire time I've been trying to teach myself. I'm currently working my way through the Beginner's series and learning a few of the Campfire songs as I go along. Going on vacation next week.......my guitar and music sheets are going with me. Life's good. :)

Lavallee

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:28 am

Welcome aboard Aitch, you made a good point about the difference of learning alone and being on the TG site. The whole point is you are not alone anymore.

This is a great site where you will find a lot of help and support not only from TG but also from the people on the forum. Just ask.

Glad you joined

Marc

RicksPick

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 am

Hi aitch

Welcome, Your so going to learn so much here at TG
and well done getting into Target

RicksPick

Music Junkie

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:52 am

aitch:

Glad you found the site. I felt the same way when I stumbled upon TG. I had taken lessons in the past, but was trying it alone for a while. Still have a lot to learn, but I have improved tremendously since joining up. Hope yu get a chance to check out some of the groups as well. Keep playing and having fun!

MJ

:laugh:

aitch

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I hit it pretty hard during vacation and have all of the Beginner's Course songs down fairly well. I've started working on Norwegian Wood and looking closely at Bad Moon Rising.....and both are showing me that my pinky really does have a mind of its own.

jayswett

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Welcome, from Western Washington

Mike

AndyT

Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:29 pm

I was crusing right along then I suddenly discovered that my strumming is right out of a horror movie! I hope you never have to experience that! LOL Even if you have the beginners section down pretty well, I'd keep it as part of the practice schedule for a while just to make sure you get those basics really in solid.

tovo

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:30 pm

Hey Aitch welcome. Sounds like you are hooked on guitar and that has to be a good thing. Hope to hear more from you.

Cheers,

Tony

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:12 am

Welcome from Switzerland aitch! Was wondering who was behind that flying H. The friends you make here make all the difference to the dynamic of learning. It's just so much more motivating and connected. Cutting edge stuff. Enjoy!

mike_t57

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:46 am

Welcome aboard Aitch. I'm new here also. Neil provides a huge amount of information on each song he teaches. Have fun!

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic