Hello! Another From Southern California.

bobk35

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:21 pm

My name is Bob and I live near San Diego CA. I think I joined TARGET four or five months ago but I haven't made a post before.

I learned about it via Youtube and joined to see more. You guys have really polished the program. I'm sure at times it seemed painful but the enhancements have really made a difference.

As for my age, Neil and I share the same birth year.

Sometimes I am shocked to see the shirts Neil wears. Looks like he has raided my closet;) Californians are a bit casual but... we like it that way.

I'm an Engineering Contractor ( read computer designer ). Contracts are almost non-existent now so I have a lot of time to spend on this site.

Although I have played the guitar in the past, I stopped due to a injury to my left index finger around 10 years ago. It was numb for years but now I can feel again although it is painful to do barres, etc. Due to the loss of muscle memory, I consider myself a beginner. Oh well, maybe I'll learn to read sheet music and TABS this time.

Favorite Guitarists:

Chet Ackins
Jerry Reed
Mark Knophler
Tommy Emmanuel
Masson Williams
Neil Young
George Harrison
Alex DeGrassi
Phil keaggy
William Ackerman
John Renbourn
Robert Johnson
Muddy Waters
Johnny Winters
Eric Clapton
And many more....

Equipment:

1970 Lyle NA 558 classical - Bridge is about to pull away.
1973 Epiphone FT-160 Texan 12 - just finished neck block reset. Needs setup.
1976 Epiphone FT-145SB Texan 6 - needs a neck reset.
1972 Guild F112 OA 12 string - Needs a neck reset.
Late '50s Guild T-100DP "Slim Jim" - On life support.

Dreamin' of building a OM 28.

Bob

mcfingers

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Hey Bob, Hi from Northern Cali. Looks like we joined around the same time. I have just gotten around to posting too. I like Neil's shirts myself. He has inspired me to want increase my collection of Hawaiian shirts.
Cheers,
Steve

P.S. Nice list of artists.

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Hey Bob:

Greetings from Ventura, CA. Just up the coast from you. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. Dig your list of artists and toys!

Hope you enjoy yourself and I look forward to you future posts here in the foruum.

MJ

:laugh:

goldleaf

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Bob, glad you finally made a post, welcome. I'm from Grass Valley currently but was born and spent my first 25 years in San Diego. All my family is still there. Just went down for a week begining of last month. Have you been to the Taylor Facroty in El Cajon, they have tours daily at 1:00 pm daily. It was very interesting, my wife even liked it. Hope to see more posts in the future. Gary

tovo

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi Bob from Down Under. Hope your list of favorite guitarists isn't in order cause Tommy Emmanuel is languishing in 4th! (Just kidding mate it's a cool list) Glad to see you posting and hope to hear more from you in future.

Cheers,

Tony

BigBear

Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:15 am

Geez, I thought we had an age limit for you old guys!! LOL! I'm actually older than you are by a little but I probably look a lot older!!

Hey, welcome to the program and thanks for the great intro! I'm glad you are enjoying the program. I really love the song selection. It's like taking a sip of water thru a fire hose!!

When you do your videos you'll have to model your collection of Hawaiian shirts! I admit I've got a few of them but nothing like Neil!! He must hit up every Goodwill and Salvation Army store in California!!

Take care! Cheers! :cheer:

TGMatt

Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:20 am

Welcome mate..

Im in Ventura today and Im going to head your way to San Diego tommorow after I catch up with my does of Porsche cars ..I hope the weather is as nice their as it is here..

Cheers..and see you on the live show..

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:07 am

Hi Bob, nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the contracts - you should move to Switzerland they are building left, right and centre! I guess the shirts must come with the territory, they certainly say California. But they look odd when they turn up at our junior squash tournaments in the midst of ice-cold winter on a guy with a big gold chain round his neck! Must be like good wine... doesn't travel well. I'm same birth year and month as Neil too, so TG seems to be tight on the demographics. Enjoy the ride!

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:23 am

Hi Bob, Welcome to TG with your taste in music you'll do just fine here mate. Great team of guys to help with almost anything you can think of about music that is.

Have fun
regards

Chas

helloworld

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Hey Bob, Fresno California here. I used to live in SoCal though and miss it much. Glad to see you on the forum.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic