Hello to all you fellow guitar enthusiasts.

adamrtrahan

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Hello to all you fellow guitar enthusiasts.

My name is Adam and I'm 32 years old. I have been reading the forums for a while so I know I am one of the young whippersnappers here.

I was born and raised in South Louisiana and I keep my Cajun heritage close to my heart. Currently I live in Georgia which I like to think of as the arm pit of the United States.

I am a Computer Programmer by trade, but music is my passion. I love Rock, Blues, and Cajun music. I have been playing for a little over a year but have only just started taking it seriously. Someday soon I hope to be able to play at least one song. :laugh:

Right now I am working on the Campfire version of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" after that I'll tackle "Lucky Man"...

My weapon of choice is a Godin 5th Avenue. I also have a junky fender acoustic that I love no matter how crappy it is.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:36 pm

Welcome young Adam down there in "the armpit"! Sounds like you'll fit in fine with all the fine folks here and will be playing your first complete song any day soon. Enjoy the songs and have fun learning.

haoli25

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:52 pm

Glad to have you with us Adam. You have come to the right place, you will learn a lot here. If you can swing it, you might also consider joining the TARGET program before the price goes up soon. There are great songs and great lesson in the TARGET program and you will be amazed at your progress. If you have any questions, please ask.

Bill

terrynewton

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Welcome Adam. Terry from Sacramento, California here. Clad to have you with us. You will find it a great place to learn and advance in your playing. You can check us out on our profile pages, like yours, and you find this site has players from all over the world. Great input will be coming your way when you post your first video. Have fun!!!!! that's what it is all about.

tovo

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:54 pm

G'day Adam and welcome from a fellow Southerner! (A fair way South of New Orleans even) Good to read your introduction and I concur with what the other guys have said, you will learn a lot here from Neil and importantly also from feedback you get from other members. It's a really good vibe and it's all about helping people to improve and realize their particular musical ambitions.

Cheers,

Tony

reiver

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Welcome Adam

By way of welcome, thought you may enjoy this blend of cajun/celtic musicians (I am scottish, but the others are still quite nice to me) offering up a fine little tune.

Enjoy your guitaring, any problems, let us know - we can pass them on to someone who might be able to help! ;)

r

adamrtrahan

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:15 pm

@Reiver Thanks for sharing the video.
I recognized Michael Doucet from BeauSoleil. I had to look up Sharon Shannon to find out who she was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Shannon

reiver

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:26 pm

adamrtrahan wrote:
@Reiver Thanks for sharing the video.
I recognized Michael Doucet from BeauSoleil. I had to look up Sharon Shannon to find out who she was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Shannon
You're very welcome

Just FYI, others featured include Ally Bain, fiddle - Jerry Douglas, slide - Danny Thompson, Bass - Russ Barenburg - acoustic

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Hey Adam! Nice to have you here. Georgia isn't so bad. I have a few friends that live there and have been to visit a few times. The laser show at Stone Mountain used to be fun (15-20yrs ago).

Hope to hear from you more often here in the forum....

Cheers!

MJ

:)

adamrtrahan

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:35 pm

I saw the laser show when I was 15 and then again a few years ago... It hadn't changed much at all. It is still just as cool.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic