Hello from CT

djphelan01

Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:43 am

Hello everybody, my name is Dennis Phelan and I live in Connecticut. I am 43 years old and started playing guitar at 11, but quit at about 17 (girls, cars work etc.) I took it back up about 4 years ago. The nice thing is that now I can afford the guitars I want compared to when I was in my teens. I have 7 guitars 4 electric (Gretsch 5120, Fender 57AVRI strat, Fender Hot Rod tele, and a Kirn custom Tele) and 3 acoustics (CA X performer, CA Cargo and a Taylor GA 4 w/short scale neck). I am just a living room player and I love that Neal seems to pick a lot of the songs the I want to learn.

jim56

Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:48 am

Hello Dennis,

Welcome aboard, you're going to like it here! Best place on the planet to learn guitar, especially in your living room. Consider joining the TARGET program.

Jim

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:06 am

Hey Dennis! Welcome from another living room player in southern California. Nice guitar collection. I am guilty of having more guitars than I know how to play.....

Hope you have fun, and I look forward to future posts here in the forum.

MJ

BigBear

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Hey Dennis, welcome to the forum! You've got a great collection of guitars! What do you play more electric or acoustic?

If you get ambitious, give some thought to joining the TARGET program. It's the best investment I've ever made in guitar education, including private lessons! I've been a member for 7 months now and I can't believe how much my playing has improved. It's incredible. So much content and they just keep providing more.

They are getting ready to close the program so if you get in soon you'll be "grandfathered" against future price hikes.

Anyway, good luck on your guitar journey! Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Greetings Denis...... girls, cars, work... you'll find it all here too... between all the guitars and songs and forums and groups and fun. Enjoy! Chris

Chasplaya

Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:44 am

G'Day Denis, Welcome to TG its a great place as everyone has pointed out and I also endorse the TARGET programme (program for BigBear) I doubt you'll find better value anywhere. There is certainly more than enough to occupy yourself with here. The tuition is first class and all you hear from members is how they have improved since joining.

Stick with it mate you won't regret it..

regards

Chas

tovo

Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:56 am

G'day Denis, the other guys have talked up the program which is fantastic so I will just say hello and welcome.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic