G'Day from the Gold Coast

glenn10

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:27 am

[video][/video]Hi guys just a quick intro to the TG community from another Aussie.I am located here in Queensland on the sunny Gold Coast for all of you overseas members ,we have the most beautiful beaches and we are only a short drive to some of the world's most beautiful places such as Byron Bay ,Noosa on the Sunshine Coast and the wonderful country that Australia has to offer.

I was a late starter to music ,having started only 2-3 months ago after having bought an Australian made Maton guitar .I was dreadful at school in music and failed terribly even playing the recorder ,this seemed to set the tempo for my musical career till now all puns intended .I am currently having lessons at a music shop here with real muso's teaching me ,and I find each lesson both an adventure and a challenge.It is slow but perserverance should prevail ,alongwith a lot of practice .I was lucky enough to stumble onto the TG site via searching youtube for some basic info on acoustic lessons ,and found Neil to be an excellent teacher.I have also seen what comes out of the forums and see a lot of passionate people such as my self striving to learn the guitar . I hope that I can be a valuable member of this group and look forward to speaking with you all ,as well as enjoying the real benefits of being a TG member .

So for now good night and good playing.

Glenn10:)

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:59 am

Welcome Glenn! Glad to hear you picked up the guitar and are giving it a go. It will be a great part of your life to be sure. I am taking private lessons as well, and know what you mean about the adventure......

I'll tell you though, between this site and the private lessons, things are progressing wonderfully. Keep up the hard work.

Be sure toy check out the groups, because there are some good ones there and they have some great info (and lots of fun).

Cheers!

MJ

BigBear

Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:20 am

Hey Glenn, Big Welcome from Oregon! Glad to have another Aussie with us! Thanks for the great introduction. I hope to get down there some day and take advantage of the hospitality and beautiful scenery.

Belonging to TARGET and taking private lessons sounds like a great way to kick start getting back into the guitar.

Hope you enjoy the program and let us know if we can help you out with anything!

Cheers! :cheer:

jayswett

Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:37 am

I'm pleased to see alot of middle aged types involving themselves with this website. I feel like I'm in good company and not alone having started so late in this endeavour to learn music.

TGMatt

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 pm

FInally a GOld Coast Boy..

Welcome welcome welcome..

I am ex Gold Coast and Noosa,still have a bunch of friends their before coming here ..

Its definately special their..

Cheers

Matt

tovo

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:35 pm

G'day Glenn and welcome to the site. I think you will quickly find that this is a great resource and the community is very friendly and supportive. My daughter and grandson are up on the Gold Coast, Tallebudgerra Creek. I met and married my wife in Brisbane so know your part of the World reasonably well, it is indeed a beautiful part of the World particularly that North Coast.

Enjoy the site and hope to see you active on the forum.

Cheers,

Tony

goldleaf

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Glen, welcome to from a N. Californian. I live in the "Gold Contry" we have lots of mine's in my town. Most not in use now. Lot's of turists. Great place in the summer but we were just talking about the change in season & summer is over. Need a place to have my winter home, when I retire, where it's nice and warm. How's the weather there from November through April?? Hope you enjoy TG as much as I have. Gary

haoli25

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Hello Glenn. I'm glad you found TG and the TARGET program. You will be amazed at how
much you will learn and how quickly. Neil is a great teacher, so just practice, practice, practice. If you have any questions, just ask.

Bill

Chasplaya

Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:57 am

Hey Glenn, Welcome to TG from me across the ditch in NZ. YOu've certainly found the right place to learn the guitar everyone is passionate and there are heaps of great people around to give good advice and the tuition from Neil is first class.

regards

Chas

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey Glen, welcome from the Alps! Great to see you here... the Aussie contingent is rising and a fantastic contribution to TG. Hope to meet you often on the forums, enjoy the ride and... good on ya mate for joining! Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic