Allow me to introduce myself

mleighton

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:58 am

I am a 46-year old father of 4 living in the Philly area. Guitar has been a longtime interest, and up until now, guitar books and manuals have been my primary source of information. My goal in joining Totally Guitars is to improve my skill level at a faster rate then possible with traditional book learning. My strategy is to broaden my knowledge of scales and learn a few new songs a week- time permitting.

Applying the definition used here, I am intermediate player. My taste in guitar music runs toward bluesy rock. I like alternative acoustic versions of songs by the Beatles, CCR, etc. I also really enjoy Springsteen's acoustic work- the Nebraska album, for example, and Clapton's Unplugged set. I'd like to see some of these songs added to the collection.

I'm glad I joined the site and am looking forward to gaining more insights about playing.

Michael

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:04 am

Hi and welcome, Michael.

I started with books as well and only got so far. My playing has vastly improved since TG- I'm sure you'll find the same.

Al

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:13 am

Welcome from Ventura, CA! Started with lots of books here too. Glad you found your way to this site. Sure you will love it. Look forward to see you around in the forums, and be sure to check out the groups too.

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Greetings from Switzerland Michael and welcome to where it's at, guitar wise. Hope you have a blast hear and look forward to hearing from you on the forums! Chris

haoli25

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Welcome from Western Washington. Glad you found us.

Mike

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Michael, Welcome to TG, its a great place to learn thats for sure. I have a few alternate acoustic tabs of the Beatles in both PDF and Guitar Pro, PM me if interested.

Enjoy the site mate!

regards

Chas

goldleaf

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:47 pm

Michael, welcome from Northern California. I have enjoyed TG for about 3 months now and have learned several songs I've always wanted to play but books etc. just didn't move me ahead. TG is a enjoyable and easy way to learn to play the guitar and a lot of cool songs. Glad to have ya. Gary

AndyT

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Aloha from Hawaii! Welcome to TG. Like the others have said already, I'm sure you will really enjoy your time here with us.

If you feel so inclined, feel free to post a video of your playing. Neil looks them over and offers tips and hints on improving your playing skills.

tovo

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:18 pm

G'day Michael welcome from way down South. I recon you will find this to be a much richer source of learning than you can achieve from a book alone and glad to have you here.

Cheers,

Tony

Lavallee

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Michael, welcome to TG from Canada. I am sure you will enjoy the site as much as I do. I also like the accoustic version of popular songs. There are already some on the site and more to come. I am in the Philly area every other month for business, always liked the area.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic