Hello from Canberra

mcbeastly

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Hello to you all from Canberra, capital of Australia. I've been playing guitar for over 30 years and while I'm never happy with my standard, I always enjoy it.

I mainly play acoustic (stemming from playing solo for most of the time, although I am in a band these days) and my main instruments are Maton (M225, EM325C and a 12 string EM425C).

Unfortunately my fingerstyle playing has gone backwards over the last 3 years or so due to problem with my right (picking) hand. A few medical consultations suggest that it's probably focal dystonia. I've read it can respond to careful re-learning and that's what I'm hoping for. Fortunately, it so far doesn't seem to have affected plectrum playing!

Best wishes to you all.

David

Lavallee

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi David, welcome to TG. I am sure everybody will gain from your experiences. Regarding your fingerpicking, you will surely benefit from Neil's teaching. There are people from around the world that you can discuss with.

Marc

goldleaf

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Welcome to TG. I've enjoyed it for about 3 months now and have learned a few songs that I've wanted to learn for a long time. I hope you get the same benefit from Neil's teaching and the TG setup as I have. Sounds like you've played for quite a number of years and must have a lot of knowledge but if you do have any questons you will find many members more than willing to help. Gary

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Welcome!

Mike

tovo

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:40 pm

G'day David from sleepy little Adelaide, always good to welcome another Australian (I assume you are anyway?). A few more Aussies and Neil and Matt will need to reconsider their world tour plans I reckon.

You will find this to be a very cool site with very nice, encouraging people to make the guitar journey even more enjoyable. Seems you have some experience you can share also.

Welcome!

Tony

TGMatt

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Gday David..and welcome to TG...

My sister is ensconsed in Canberra working for the Govt of course..

Seeya on the live show mate

Cheers

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:46 pm

G'Day DAvid, Welcome from across the ditch in sunny er cloudy NZ. Sounds like you might have a lot to offer the site with your background in guitar playing over 30yrs. Enjoy your time here

regards

Chas

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:26 am

Welcome David, from rainy-day Switzerland! Seems like TG is highly contagious in Oz. Expect a health warning any day....
Hope you achieve your finger picking goal and hope you can contribute some of your experience on the forums. Enjoy! Chris

AndyT

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 am

Aloha from paradise! Glad to have you on board!

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:54 am

Mcbeastly... did you know your 2nd cousin removed on your father's side- 'Mcfingers' is on here as well?

Welcome from Canada!
You'll love it here. See you around!

Al

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic