(Late) Hi to all...

tovo

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Hey Jimmer I enjoyed reading about your meeting with McTell, you describe it well and it's nice to hear that he seems as he appears, a nice down to earth fellow.

I'm not entirely sure of Neil's criteria for songs but I suspect you are right, he has to think it offers something in terms of learning and not hating the song probably helps eh! I do know one thing though, he will never do it if he doesn't think the members want it so good that you express support for the tune. Thanks.

Cheers,

Tony

goldleaf

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:27 pm

Jimmer, awesome story, glad your back and hope to be more active in TG, look forward to hearing from you in the future and hope you enjoy TG as much as I do. Gary

BigBear

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Jim- a slightly belated welcome back to the program! I love your story about Ralph McTell, one of my favorite folk artists. His association with Fairport Convention, another favorite band, produced my favorite McTell song "Hiring Fair" which Fairport also performed. Dave Pegg really gets around doesn't he?

Anyway, nice to have you back and I look forward to your posts in the future!

Cheers! :cheer:

willem

Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:32 am

For those who aren't sure of the Streets Of London song, here's a very nice cover from YouTube I played along with regularly as I was learning the song. This guy has a great voice, and some cool melody licks and hammer-ons. I include a quickly assembled version of the chords/transitions I play -- certainly some of the 7th can be simplified, as well as the 1/2 measure transitions in the chorus.

Enjoy. :)

Capo on 3

Verse:
C | G | Am | Em | F | C | D7 | G7
C | G | Am | Em | F | C | G | C

Chorus:
F | Em | C G/B | Am Am/G | D/F# | G G7
C | G | Am | Em | F | C | G | C

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:30 am

Yeah that's really nice fjvdb (do you a more pronounceable name for us?), nice singing and playing on a good sounding guitar.

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:21 pm

A warm welcome from Western Washington

Mike

Jimmer

Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Agree! Very nice rendition!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:19 pm

Agree! Very nice rendition!
Now that's a vote coming from a man who has Jammed with McTell!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic