Hello from New England

BobR

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

I figured it was about time to join the action. My name is Bob, I'm 56 and live in the Boston area. My kids gave me an Alvarez Acoustic a few Christmas's back and I have been scouting you tube for lessons. I found out about Totally guitars when my son-in-law sent me a you tube link Neil did for Bob Seger's Still the Same. I though he did a great job teaching. I liked a lot of the other songs Neil was teaching and when he mentioned something about the Target Program and getting in early I was hooked. . Now I am trying to learn and have fun and this looks like a great place to do it.

Thanks and see you on the forum and TG Live.
Bob

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:12 pm

Welcome Bob! You picked on a fine lesson with Still the Same... but they are ALL like that. Enjoy the ride and look forward to seeing you around the forums. Chris in Switzerland. By the way, what do you all do When the Lights all Went Down in Massachusetts? ;-)

AndyT

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Same thing they did in Georgia Chris!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:23 pm

... Yeah Georgia's been on my mind too... but what did they do Andy?
Oops Bob, this is your thread and we are not going to hijack it... just saying hello in our own way. Hope you join some of the groups: which bands, singers do you dig?

AndyT

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 pm

I get the feeling that the lights actually went off in Mass now. LOL

Bob, you will love it here. Neil is the man when it comes to learning guitar. And the song selection here keeps on growing and growing.

BobR

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks for the welcome,
When the lights go down? Play the guitar what else HMMM. No problem Hijack away. I like Pink Floyd, CCR,....I like Neil Young so this is a good place. I just looked at the new Heart of Gold campfire and have been trying Harvest moon. I think I have it except for a minor change at the end of the D -Dmaj7-A- change. oh well I just keep trying.

AndyT

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:50 pm

The forum actually has rules against too much hijacking. So we have to be careful so we don't wake up the Moderator. He is a really old guy and needs his sleep. Lives in NZ I hear....

When you get time, be sure and post a video of you playing.

suziko

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Bob,
I'm rocking an Alvarez too. It's not too bad for a beginner guitar. I made an agreement with myself that if I play until age 40 (about 3 more years now) that I can upgrade. TG is making that much more likely. Welcome to the site, and enjoy!

Lavallee

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Hey Bob, Welcome at TG from Canada

Marc

jayswett

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Welcome Bob from Western Washington

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic