Hello From Magnolia Texas

stratman3

Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Gary (Stratman3)B) , I have been a Target member for a couple of months. What a great site, I am so addicted. I just started reading the forum over the couse of the last few days, so I thought it was time to introduce myself. I live in Magnolia Texas, just a small country town NW of Houston. I am originally from Chicago.
I am 57 years young. I was one of thoses 60's garage band kids, what a great time, what fun, We played parties local dances and carnivals. I was the lead singer and played a little guitar. should of kept on going.
I love all kinds of music, all acoustic, major Beatles fan, sixties music, British invasion, 70's, southern rock and I love the blues. I currently own three guitars a Martin, a Fender American Strat and a Epiphone Les Paul. All very nice guitars. As I said before, my Martin is my baby.
Anyway love TG, I am a big kid in a candy store.B)

willem

Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Welcome Stratman3, from Western Washington

Mike

haoli25

Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi Gary and welcome from Plano, also known as Plan Zero. lol It's good to have you in the TG Forum. If you have any questions, please ask. Please share any tips or tricks you have and of course your opinions and advice are always welcome too.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi Gary, Similar background to many of us here so you're in with a good crowd. Feel free to jump in and add your opinion or advice, or if needed seek opinion or advice. PLenty folks round here to offer a helping hand and looking for one too.

enjoy your time here
Chas

songman52

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi Gary in Magnolia and Haoli25 in Plano. I'm about 100 miles east of you, Gary, just outside of Beaumont, Texas. (And about 330 miles south of you, Haoli25.) I've been a Target member for a few months but haven't really posted anything. Since Magnolia is so (relatively) close, thought I'd say hi.

haoli25

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:59 pm

Good to have you with us Songman. I love that area that you are in. Long, long ago, (and far, far away) I did some work in that area. It was so long ago, I actually built a
"Quad-Stereo" radio station down there...KWIC.
Songman if you have any questions please ask. We would also appreciate you sharing any tips or tricks you have. There are many great musicians on this site from all over the world and they are even better people and always willing to help.
If you will, open your own thread under this category and tell us all about you. As my friend BigBear says, it's painless and you can read about us too. Check out the groups too when you have a chance.

Bill

AndyT

Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:11 am

When I wasn't living in southern Michigan I lived in New Caney, Jefferson or Conroe TX. Howdy to y'all! B)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:02 am

Hello Gary, how's the weather there in Texas? Greetings on a cool but sunny and beautiful autumn day in Switzerland. Good story. In England in those early days it wasn't garage bands so much as broomstick bases, washboard rhythms and clattering spoons. Enjoy the candy store! See you on the forums.
And greetings songman... welcome to the forums...

tovo

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:03 am

Welcome Gary from way down South. Sounds like you have some really good experience to share. Enjoy yourself!

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:33 am

Gary:

Welcome from Ventura, CA. I hope to visit Houston some day and check out "Southpaw Guitars".

Glad you took the time to introduce yourself. With your background you will fit in perfectly around here.

I have a Fender Strat as well. Did a few mods to it, and I love it.

Hope to see you around more often now.

Cheers!

MJ Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic