Hello from Albany NY

deuce01

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:23 am

Hello my name is Pat. I have been a Target member for a while...just lurking in the background.I have been playing the guitar for over 25years. Started as a drummer in a band as a kid playing rock music of the 70s and 80s. During that time i started picking up our guitarist guitar and started messing around. Well then i just kept going. I played mostly Rush, SRV, and Led Zep for a long while. I am self taught playing by ear and tabs. Picked up alot of bad habits.....but hey i was still having fun. I used to play approx2 hrs a day. Then i got married and started a family and my playing went on the back burner..still played but not too much. Now divorced and more time on my hands i came across this site. I was very skeptical in the beginning but stuck it out. I have to say this site has really turned on my love for playing the guitar again. Specifically acoustic. I rarely touch my strat anymore. I am truly inspired and am glad i stuck it out. I am now learning more theory and my playing has improved tremendously. This is the best guitar investment i have made to date.

BobR

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Pat,
Welcome. I have also been a target member for a while and just recently became somewhat active. I'd like to do more but I need to practice if I am ever going to post any videos. Best $ spent for guitar. Neil and his gang do a great job and I am pleased all around.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:27 am

Hi Pat, welcome to the forums from Switzerland! Enjoy the ride... look forward to hearing from you. Maybe you can tell me about that aircraft in your photo. I come from A R.A.F family so I'm a huge aircraft fan.

Lavallee

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:44 am

Welcome from Montreal to TG forum Pat, as you said the lessons are addictive.

Marc

suziko

Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Pat! Welcome to TG! I spent 5 years in Albany, NY, finishing up my BA and MA at SUNYA. Good to see a "familiar" face :)

tovo

Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi Pat. You certainly have an interesting background and bring some experience to share I would say. Welcome from Oz and thanks for the interesting introduction.

BigBear

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Hey Deuce big welcome from Oregon! Thanks for the great intro! I can relate to finding my love for the guitar after a divorce. Banging away on the guitar was a lot cheaper than all the single malt scotch I became very fond of!

This site has been great for so many of us. I've made more progress in six months than I did in the previous 20 years plus I've learned some really cool songs that I always wanted to learn how to play correctly! Neil is a really special teacher.

Anyway, hope to hear more from you! Cheers! :cheer:

haoli25

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi Pat. You will find good company here, many of us have a similar story. If you have any questions, ask away. We will be only too happy to help. We also welcome your tips, tricks, and opinions too.
By the way, what is the story with that great old warbird in the background of your picture?

Bill

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi Pat welcome to the Forums, great intro very similar story from me. As a former RNZAF officer I am interested in that aircraft, it kinda looks like an F4U Corsair but from the pic the wing angle doesn't look quite right.

Anyway good to have you hear feel free to add or ask in these forums. We are a pretty relaxed bunch here and its all about having fun and learning to play music!

deuce01

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:15 am

Wow thanks for the responses. I did not know there were so man aviation enthusiasts.
The plane in the background is a North American T6 Texan also know as a SNJ, HArvard or "The Pilot Maker". It was used during WWII to train fighter pilots. Later it was used in combat late in Vietnam and Korea. One of my hobbies is flying airplanes. While in Florida i took acrobatic flight training in this aircraft. Was lots of fun...although flying cessnas and such will never be the same.

ok back to work!!

TTYL

Pat

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic