Hi from South Africa

galsteien

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 am

Well, no not really the whole country, but me personally,Mark

47yrs old so all the ladies sorry, too old for u, haha

Anyways bought an accoustic some 25 years ago, it hung on the wall and evetually ended up in yard sale.

Bought Ibanez 120 Art, 2 weeks ago, yay me, this is as result of daughter dating a guitarist in a band a year ago, that got the spark started. I picked up her accoaustic which had been sitting in wadrobe for a year and bang was bitten.

The advice he was able to give when i evetually picked up the accoustic was enuff for the bug to bite big time, ill now be guitar player for the rest of my life, this i can tell u

Personally i've gone very slowly struggling with "c" chord, dam figners always in the way

In the last week managed to get c,d,e,f chords, daughters bf is convinced its because of the ibanez neck cant really swap while playing and strumming jerky but getting there

but after trawling utuub looking for ideas and comming across this site ((i will join TARGET) on payday im convonced ill pick it up real soon

been fiddling with "rising sun", "nutting else matters" cant wait to get started properly

and yea im a bit of an "a" personality so look out world here comes next Satriani/Santana/hendrix ....

katching(sound of gountlett hitting ground)

BobR

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:43 am

Welcome to Mark from South Africa from Bob in New England, actually South of Boston in Hanson Mass. You will definitly find all you need here starting from the basics all the way up. Everyone is always helpful. Enjoy the TG site.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:48 am

Well, welcome to S.A. and you in particular Mark from way up north from you in Switzerland. Welcome to the site and to the forums. It's always good when the southern hemisphere balances thing out a bit here at TG. There's a definite North/west tilt. Glad to hear you're having fun with that C chord, we all did as beginners. You can take solace in the fact that the BIG F is waiting for you right around the corner :-). You'll discover why its call F when you get to barre chords and try it! Seriously, we've all been there and got the T-shirt to prove it. If we can be of help just shout. As for the type A personality.... well the guitar just may cure you of that too! :-) Enjoy and welcome!

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Hey Mark Welcome to TG from Chas in NZ, the gauntlet has been accepted lol Good to see another Southern Hemisphere rep. 46 too young for the ladies never!!!! This is a great site lots of good folks around to offer help and advice , as bear would say (you'll meet him later) some of it might even be useful. Enjoy your time.

cheers Chas

AndyT

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Never been to South Africa. I've heard things about it. I'm sure Bear has been there. LOL
WELCOME to the land of great guitar instruction! Not to worry about the fingers. They will soon learn where they should be and begin to behave. Just take your time and have fun with the guitar and you will be well on your way.

tovo

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Mark from Oz. Welcome to the site. I'm sure with practice your chord changes will soon be heaps quicker and smoother, we all just need to put the work in to get the results we want. You will find plenty of great people ready to help and encourage. All the best.

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey Mark:

Welcome from Ventura, CA. One of my friends lived in S. Africa for a few years and met a girl there, got married and brought her back home. Have heard some interesting things about that part of the world (including the local winery where my buddy lived for a while). Anyway, glad you are going to join. Stick with your practice, and you will be making those chords without a second thought before you know it. Look forward to hearing more from you soon. BTW, make sure to check out the groups as well, there are some good ones with some good info there as well.

Cheers!

MJ Image

BigBear

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey Mark, big welcome to the program from the USA! We're really glad to have you with us! I'm fascinated by your country and hope to visit some day.

If we can ever help you with anything please let us know. Lots of great people and info and no one is shy about trying to help!

Good luck and cheers! :cheer:

wrench

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Glad to have you here Mark.

Don't worry, we won't hold your youth against you. Really looking forward hearing more about South Africa.

wrench

wrench

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Welcome Mark
From the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic