Hello from Southern Ontario (Canada)

brs59

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:25 pm

Totally Guitars has been a terrific motivator for me. About a year ago I picked up my daughter's guitar and decided this time I was really going to give it a try. For a couple months I floundered trying to learn from guitar books not really sure what to do next, then I found this website. I couldn't believe that Neil was putting out such excellent videos for free! When Target came along I jumped in with both feet. This is an excellent resource in every respect. Today I can actually play along with some of my favourites oldies (well, not perfectly) but it is opening a whole new world for me.

Brian

haoli25

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:30 pm

It's great to have you with us Brian. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will be sure to help you. We are all learning from each other. Is your daughter still playing also? Nothing beats having a 'jam-partner'. :P

Bill

AndyT

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Brian, Glad you're here with us at TG! If you feel up to it, then post a video of your playing. We all love to share and help out with learning.

tovo

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Welcome Brian. Agree that TG is a great resource and a supportive environment of like-minded people, all conditions to create fast improvement. All the best.

BigBear

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Hey Brian, big welcome from the Pacific Northwest! We're glad to have you with us!

I think TARGET has been very motivating for many of us. It has certainly re-kindled my love for this wonderful instrument.

Please let us know if we can ever help you with anything. There are lots of great people and information available here. Some of it is even occasionally useful!! LOL!

Cheers! :cheer:

BTW- I love your avatar! They should use that for the upcoming Olympics!!

Lavallee

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Hi Brian, welcome to the site from Montreal, glad you join. The site is really good to give some guidance in your evolution for your first show. The first one will probably be for one person (your daugther most likely) but who knows where it will end. But it is fun to get ready for it

Marc

karl01

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:09 pm

Welcome Brian, I'm also in Southern Ontario (Brampton) I joined three months ago and have been improving every day,

Karl

goldleaf

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Brian, glad to hear you are enjoying TG. I to am really glad I found TG, I am actually learning to play songs and getting better as we go. Gary

AcousticAl

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Welcome Brian, From Western Washington

Mike

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:23 am

Welcome from Switzerland Brian. Canada and TG are good places to be! Look forward to seeing you around the forums and groups.
Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic