Another introduction from Texas

songman52

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi all. I would have posted here sooner if I were better with computers and navigating this website.
My name is Jerry, my musical interests are similar to many of the members here since I'm of the same generation (HS class of 70), and I'm an intermediate player. I love to sing and play all kinds of songs and mostly play a 1986 Ovation Custom Balladeer.
I live in the southeast corner of Texas (90 miles east of Houston). Think Edgar and Johnny Winter, Janis Joplin, J.P. Richardson, Tracy Byrd, and George Jones and you're in the right area.
I'm really glad to have found TG and the great lessons here, and also the great cast of characters who are regulars in the forum.
I get together with some other guys weekly (weakly?) and sometimes we pretend to be a band. I hope to hear from some of you, eventually post videos and get advice, and learn some great tunes.
Oh yeah, I'm married, three kids grown and gone (from the house), and happy to be here.

AndyT

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Welcome Songman. Good to meet you. I used to live in East Texas (Jefferson, Longview, Marshall) and outside of Dallas (Segoville) with a bit of time in Beeville. Now I live in Hawaii.

Glad to have you here with us at TG. I know you're gonna like it. What we learn from Neil can be applied to any kind of music.

tovo

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Hey Songman. Welcome. I've always wanted to visit Texas but never had the opportunity during my trips to the US. Maybe next time. Sounds like you have some experience which is common here, great for us "young blokes" to have the benefit of that knowledge.

All the best, enjoy.

Lavallee

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Welcome from Canada to Tg, Songman, you fit right in with your music selection and desire to learn.

glad to have you here

Marc

goldleaf

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Welcome, songman from N. California. I drove through Texas in my younger years traveling from CA to Florida. I took us 3 days to get through in my 69 Volkswagen Van. We would travel about 250 - 300 miles a day. I saw a lot of deer and some nice country. Glad you are joining with us at TG. Gary

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Hey Songman52:

Another guy that is close to the store I most want to go to - "Southpaw Guitars" in Houston, TX.

Glad you joined, and glad you are having fun with it. I have met some great folks here so far and look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Cheers!

MJ Image

BigBear

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Jerry- Great intro, thank you! Big welcome from Oregon! We're really glad to have you with us! You'll fit right in here (I was HS Class of '72 !). It's always good to have another Texan with us (right Bill?)!

Please let us know if we can ever help you in any way but we'll look to you to chime in on the forum and give us your advice too!

Anyway, again welcome and I look forward to seeing you on the forum!

Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Greetings from midnight Switzerland Jerry! Great to see you on the forums.... enjoy the ride and look forward to seeing you around. Chris

BobR

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi Jerry,
Welcome from Massachusetts. Well we have the same interests and I also am a 70 HS graduate.
I know you'll really enjoy the TG site and all it has to offer. Keep on strumming. :cheer:

Bob

stratman3

Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:11 am

Hi Songman,
Welcome to the show. This is one great web site with a nice bunch of people on the forum who have our same interest. I'm not too far from you, Magnolia Texas. if you don't know, about 30 miles NW of H-town. Speaking of H.S.class of 71. Regarding the Texas music talent, let't not forget that lil'old band from Texas ZZ Top. B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic