Hi from England

tith

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:43 am

Joined a couple of months ago and have had a wonderfull time. Like a lot of you I have been tinkering away for years (lots of years)without really getting anywhere, now I can finally play a few things. Looking for a new acoustic,not sure what yet, at the moment I've got a kimbara acousic and a Gordon smith elec. :dry:

AndyT

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 am

Nice to meet you tith.
You have much the same story as many of us here. Hacking away for a long time without really getting anywhere. Now that we've joined, we are actually learning how to play.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We don't bite and most members here are more than willing to help out when and where we can. You can also post a video of your playing and get feedback on it.
Welcome and glad to have you.

What kind of guitars are those you mentioned? I've not heard of either of them. Where are they made? Steel string? Classical? The Gordon Smith. Is that like a strat or Les Paul?

heyjoe

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:21 am

Welcome to TG Tith

Yopu've joined one of, if not, the best website for guitarists, its full of useful information, and the forum is full of helpful people.

This place is full of people just like you, wanting to do the same thing as you, play better guitar.

Good luck, and keep practising

Joe

AndyT Wrote:
What kind of guitars are those you mentioned? I've not heard of either of them. Where are they made? Steel string? Classical? The Gordon Smith. Is that like a strat or Les Paul?
Hi Andy
Have a look at the gordon smith website

http://www.gordonsmithguitars.com/

They are handcrafted guitars, built in england, which i remember seeing in the 1980's, the company is still going, but you very rarely see them in guitar shops these days. I'd describe them as simple, quality guitars. I've had the good fortune to play a few of them over the years ( when they have appeared in shops), and have always been impressed by their quality.

Joe

Chasplaya

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:24 am

Hi tith welcome to TG, if you've been here a while you already know what a great place it is, with top quality tuition from Neil. Lots of good people to help out when you need it , if you need advice you will get an abundance of that and as Bigbear says some of it is even useful. If you haven't already check out the Groups an amazing amount of info and trivia to be had there , plus a place where you can be less serious and chill with the guys.

regards

Chas

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:37 am

Greetings tith. Welcome to the forums... look forward to seeing you around. WHere do you hale from in England? On guitars... you've proable see then thread Buying a Guitar... if not check it out. On offer: Lakewood, Cole Clarke, Furch/Stonebridge, Taylor etc....

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 am

Hey Tith:

Glad you joined and glad you are having a good time. Looks as though you have a lot in common with most of us here. Great place to be.

Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Cheers!

MJ Image

Lavallee

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Tith,

Glad you are getting on the forum. I am from Canada. Do not hesitate to ask questions, or make comments, it is good to hear from everybody.

Marc

BigBear

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey Tilh, big welcome from the Colonies! Like Chris (our token Swiss Englishman) asked where do you live in the UK? Joe will be glad for the company!

Please let us know if we can ever help you with anything. Lots of great people and info! And lots of helpers!

Cheers! :cheer:

BigBear

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Welcome from Western Washington

Glad you found us.

Mike

tovo

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi mate and welcome from the settlement. Nice to see some more members from around the world. Enjoy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic