Greetings from Seattle

dennisg

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:47 am

Hi everyone,

I spent a week mostly lurking in the forum and browsing the site -- really liking what I saw. I was on the fence about whether I wanted to become a Target member, so I paid the per-song price for "Never goin' back again." I was so excited when I started looking at that lesson that I decided to become a Target member, knowing there will be dozens, if not hundreds, of songs I'll want to learn, and lessons I'll want to take.

Some background. I'm 58, just getting back into guitar after a 35-year hiatus. Just a few days ago I found a used Taylor 614ce in flawless condition at my local Seattle Guitar Center. I swallowed hard, and bought it. What a sweet, sweet ax it is.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your welcome. I look forward to many happy years on this site.

- Dennis

BigBear

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:34 am

Dennis- you are just like so many of us in our 50's just getting back to the guitar after a lengthy hiatus! You will fit in with us almost old-timers perfectly!

Big welcome from just down I5 in Portland (actually Hillsboro). We're really glad to have you with us in the program. You know already how much great info there is here but it's really the people here who make it special. I've been blessed to make some really good friends all of which I've never met been seem like I've known for years. It's pretty special! Plus I've been playing my guitar again like I'm obsessed!

Everyone thinks I work for Taylor Guitars I've been such a loyal supporter and vocal advocate but you are one more example of a person who is having a love affair with his ax! I've never seen another guitar maker with type fo brand loyalty; it's amazing! I have a 314 and and 855 and started out with a 710 that I stupidly sold to my guitar buddy so I could buy another guitar I had to have!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you on the forum and please let us know if we can help you out in any way. Lots of willing helpers here!

Cheers! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:38 am

Hey Dennis:

Welcome from Ventura, CA. Glad you took the time to give an intro. Hope you are having fun, and I look forward to hearing from you here in the forum more often.

MJ Image

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Welcome Dennis

I'm just a little south of you in Olympia

Mike

Lavallee

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Welcome from Canada to TG, Dennis. Wise decision you took as there is a lot of fun on this site, good teacher, good songs, good people on the forum.

Marc

tovo

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Welcome Dennis. I think you picked a great guitar and sounds like you got a bargain as well. I'm sure that next time I visit the States whenever that might be I will be taking another Taylor out with me. It's great that you joined TARGET and hope to hear more from you.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi there Dennis from Switzerland. Welcome to whereitsat! Enjoy the songs, folks and fourms and I'm sure you'll find nothing at all in common with BigBear, what with coming from the NW and Taylor guitars and being so young! :-)

AndyT

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Yep, mention Taylor and Bear shows up! If he doesn't work for them its only because they're not hiring!

Glad to have you on board! TG is the place to be!

dennisg

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:48 am

Thanks for the warm greetings, everyone. I'm looking forward to finally becoming a competent guitarist.

- Dennis (in Seattle, where it's raining)

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:23 am

dennisg wrote:
Thanks for the warm greetings, everyone. I'm looking forward to finally becoming a competent guitarist.

- Dennis (in Seattle, where it's raining)
Two of the guys I graduated college with moved up there and they love it. We went up to visit and attend one of their weddings, and it just happened to be a full week of sunshine that week. What a beautiful city! Had a great time. Pike Street was neat, and there are some really cool little bars downtown.

Again, glad you found us here!

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic