and yet, another Texan

captainkdp

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Hey all from the live music capital - Austin, Texas.

I picked up my first guitar about 2 years ago after getting beat up on Guitar Hero from my teenager. I joined Target a few months and am learning many songs (have to force myself to hold off on learning new songs and polish my existing).
Never thought I would progress this quickly and have wowed some buddies with my new found hobby.
Have a long way to go to learn about music, the fretboard, modes and the boring stuff, but enjoy the songs the Target program offers to make it fun.
I like to mess with my electric but love the sound of my new Seagull S6 Acoustic.
Living in Austin has also opened my eyes to many talented guitarists and bands. Lots of talent out there.
Thanks to all at TG for the good work you do.

Kirk

Chasplaya

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Welcome to TG Kirk, Wow Austin the home of SRV, a visit their is on my 'bucket list' to see the statue of SRV.

It is amazing how quickly you can pick up new songs here Neils unique style certainly helps. Good to see you here Kirk, join in the discussion on the forums you can get a lot out of these and also you can add of course.

Cheers

Chas

Lavallee

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Kirk, I am glad you are joining the forum as well. Lots of good discussions here. You are right about appreciating the talent when you also share the same instrument. You can evaluate better the amount of work an artist has put in his art when you realize the struggling we are going through. I did a little boxing for a couple years and, before, I thought the boxers were a bunch of bums and animals. I have so much respect for their talent, intelligence and instinct for their sport now.

Marc

captainkdp

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Definitely want to put that on your list Chas.

RIP SRV - one of the Masters of guitar. Image

captainkdp

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Very true Marc, though I bet the guitar is easier on the body than boxing.

haoli25

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Welcome Kirk from Plano. I am glad you are enjoying TG and the TARGET program. It is a great program for all levels. If you have any questions, please ask. There are many helpful people here on the Forum. Be sure to check out some of the groups also.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:44 pm

captainkdp wrote:
Definitely want to put that on your list Chas.

RIP SRV - one of the Masters of guitar. Image
I almost cried when I watched a vid after someone had defaced the statue.

This is a pic of SRV in NZ on the Airforce Base I worked at

Lavallee

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:48 pm

For me Voodoo child is the song that have left me the best impression. Jimmy Hendrix composition was good but so pale compare to SRV's.

Marc

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:05 am

Hey Kirk,
Sorry man didn't mean to hijack your thread here, but did you ever see Stevie play?

tovo

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:33 am

Welcome Kirk from Australia. That's a pretty cool statue I must say. Hope you continue to enjoy the site. (Which I'm sure you will)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic