Hello from North Carolina

Tribe01

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:26 am

Hello all, been a Target member for a few months now and absolutely LOVE this site. It is literally like being a kid in a candy store. Everyday day is like Christmas as I log on to see what new song is waiting for me to mangle, I mean learn. Love the Eagles, Allman Brothers, Zeppelin, etc. I want to improve my understanding of theory and scale knowledge too. It seems I am a bit younger than the average of 50 around here, I am 40 and married with 3 kids.
I made sure to go to the "Please Introduce Yourself" section because I noticed Big Bear is a stickler for protocol.j/k
For the international members (if you are wondering), my Avatar is the mascot for a terrible baseball team (Indians) in Cleveland, Ohio. I was born into it, I did not pick them!
Nice to know I am not the only middle aged guy obsessed with 6 strings.

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:11 am

Tribe01: Welcome from Ventura, CA (and one of the few under 50 dudes on the site - 39, turning 40 in Jaunary). Glad you took the time to introduce yourself. Also glad you are having fun so far. It is indeed like being in a candy store. Not sure which piece of candy to choose from....lol I like to sample them all!!!!!!!!!

I have been a Braves fan since TBS came out to the west coast in the late 70's, so I am quite familiar with bad teams......lol (now we did have some good years in the 90's, but that has left us..... :( )

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing you around in the forums.

Take care, and welcome!!!

MJ Image

BigBear

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Tribe- I'm giving you your first karma point just because you've paid good attention and I don't have to beg you to introduce yourself!!! Great job buddy!! :)

A big welcome to you from the Left Coast. We're glad you popped in and I hope we'll see you more often in the future on the forum. Don't stay a stranger!

Best wishes on your musical journey and let us know if we can ever help you with anything!

Cheers! :cheer:

Lavallee

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi Tribe01, welcome from Canada. Glad your joining the forum. Make sure to involve yourself in the discussions were we could benefit from your experiences and vice versa.

Always like the movie they made with Charlie Sheen (Wild Thing) about the Indians.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Greetings and welcome from Switzerland Tribe! "Kid in the candy store" will be a TG T-shirt soon (if I win that competition!) so you are so right. Glad to see you have a healthy fear of Bears and did the right thing coming out here! Enjoy the fun and look forward to seeing your brave face around the forums.
Chris

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Warm welcome to TG Tribe from Chas in New Zealand. Good idea keepin on side with the Bear he gets real ugly if you post in the wrong place (jk) Pssst don't tell everyone but he's really a Teddy bear lol

And were not middle aged were in our Prime of life lol

Enjoy the site man hope to see you around

Cheers

Chas

tovo

Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Tribe welcome from Oz, Bear is obviously getting his message over and glad that you introduced yourself and you are enjoying the site. Thanks for the heads up on the avatar as well I would have wondered. I'm one of those "under 50's dudes" as well...but not by much so we should probably start up a "pups of TG group" before it's too late!

Enjoy mate.

aitch

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Welcome from South Carolina, Tribe. Good to see you here.

BobR

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Welcome from Bob in Massachusetts Tribe01. Enjoy all there is to offer here there's plenty. Good place to have fun and learn some great tunes. See you around.

AndyT

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:03 am

Welcome to TG fron Paradise! (Hawaii)
Glad to have you on board!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic