New Member from MO

__m__

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Hello all,

Just joined the forum, and TARGET as well after about a week of debate inside my head. Hope to get to know some people, and the program is everything it promises to be.

M

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:15 pm

__m__ wrote:
Hello all,

Just joined the forum, and TARGET as well after about a week of debate inside my head. Hope to get to know some people, and the program is everything it promises to be.

M
HI M, Welcome to TG. Just to state the obvious, everyone here I believe will says this site is everything it promises to be and more.

So man where do you hail from and what is your pref in music also what kind of guitar do you have, (or like many of us) what kind of guitar would you like to have.

regards

Chas

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Greetings from chocolateland M. Tell me where MO (Montana?) is and I'll tell you where the choci is, fair? I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here, learn more that you could have imagined and make really cool friends. So you made the right decision by signing up to TARGET. And thank you kindly, young sir, for lowing the average age of the members so nicely! ;-) Enjoy!

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:20 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
And thank you kindly, young sir, for lowing the average age of the members so nicely! ;-) Enjoy!
It will take more than one 26 year old to lower the average age, this will bring it down 0.1 i'm sure. Just note M comes from Springfield, (forgot it tells us under the profile and avatar) isn't that 'Simpsons' country?

tovo

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Greetings from Oz M. Hope you continue to enjoy the site and activity on the forum. "Chocolate land" Chris? Sounds a bit suspect!

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:27 pm

tovo wrote:
Greetings from Oz M. Hope you continue to enjoy the site and activity on the forum. "Chocolate land" Chris? Sounds a bit suspect!
I think Chris needs a new name 'Willy Wonka'

goldleaf

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:42 pm

M, welcome and I think you will find that TG will provide you with enough challenging songs to keep you busy for quite awhile. We are starting new areas like the electric guitar and blues. So every week there is a little more for guitar players to choose from. If you end up like my situation it's a matter of picking which song out of my 20 favorites, which I would like to learn them all, but I have to choose 1 or 2 to concentrate on so I can avoid what Neil defines as the intermediate player, someone who can play parts of a variety of songs but can't play songs complete and without mistakes. It's easy to get distracted by another new song I want to learn and forget about practicing the one I am trying to play with few or no mistakes. So have fun and if you have any questions there is a whole team who can give you info you may want. Gary

__m__

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:43 pm

Ah yes, Springfield, Missouri. There was a contest a while back to see which Springfield out of many states in the US was the most like Simpsons' Springfield. I can't remember who one, but it wasn't us... probably for good measure. I should note that I am a transplant here from the Centralia/Chehalis area in Washington State.

I have an Alvarez acoustic with electric hookups, and enjoy much of the classic rock. I also enjoy a lot of the 90's rock (Live, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc) and have developed taste for some of the newer bands and indies. Image

Lowering the average age... seems I get that a lot...

mmmbldo

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

As to: "Lowering the average age... seems I get that a lot..."

It's not you...it's us!

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi M!

A big welcome from the Canadian contingent!

You'll get as much out of TG as you put in. Looking forward to your contributions..

Al

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic