Another from the UK!

mattroutley

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Hey everyone,

I have posted a few times on the forums so thought i should introduce myself properly. I am 29 from Bournemouth, England and learnt to play the guitar to a basic level at the age of 11. Soon after school i put it down and haven't picked one up until about 6 months ago. I stumbled across TG a few days ago and am now a memeber and really looking forward to improving my skills. I've already learned quite a bit from reading the forums :)

TGMatt

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Welcome...This is a great place to learn

Mike

BigBear

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Hey Matt, big welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you with us!

I've probably been thru Bournemouth because I spent some time in Dorset and I remember Christchurch which can't be too far away is it? I really love that part of the English Coast. It gets pretty "touristy" in the summer I recall!

There is so much great info here but it is really the people that make it special. Even our token Kiwi Scotsman, Chas. We hope to see much more of you on the forum and please let us know if we can ever help you in any way. Lots of helpers!

Good luck and cheers! :cheer:

BigBear

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Hey Matt, big welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you with us!

I've probably been thru Bournemouth because I spent some time in Dorset and I remember Christchurch which can't be too far away is it? I really love that part of the English Coast. It gets pretty "touristy" in the summer I recall!

There is so much great info here but it is really the people that make it special. Even our token Kiwi Scotsman, Chas. He is quite special in his own demented way!

We hope to see much more of you on the forum and please let us know if we can ever help you in any way. Lots of helpers!

Good luck and cheers! :cheer:

mattroutley

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:13 pm

yes bear if you've been to christchurch it's highly likely you have been thru bournemouth. Christchurch is about 6 miles away from where i live :) Small world!

reiver

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi Matt

Welcome to the site. Know Bournemouth quite well - lived in Southampton for a few years myself. Now oop north, nr Manchester.

I'm sure that you'll have a lot of fun here - as well as learning to play the guitar.

Look forward to chatting here on the forums...

r

tovo

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi Matt from down in the colonies and welcome. Nice to have another Englishman aboard. I reckon the International flavour of the site is growing and that must be a good thing. Hope to see you posting heaps and participating. Cheers mate!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi Matt and welcome to TG and the forums from an Englishman in voluntary exile. Look forward to seeing you around. Chris

And you'll get used to Bear repeating himself like that.... :-)

mattroutley

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi Chris,

where did you exile yourself to?

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Sunny Switzerland, Matt.... could do worse I suppose! ;-) Bournemouth's nice... I like Poole and the Dorset countryside... very nice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic