Hi from Pennsylvania

Pranggg

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi there,
My name is Bob. I've been checking out TG for awhile now. Then my wife gave me a Target membership for my birthday. Thanks honey. She's a pretty good guitar player who hasn't played for awhile. I played briefly as a kid but didn't get much past Michael Row the Boat Ashore. Last winter she bought a beauty Telecaster on ebay. Needless to say a month later I got the blue Stratocaster in my profile pic also from ebay. We've been playing as much as we can.
I am an old folkie and Dead Head. But I also rock to the Who, U2, Bruce, Los Lobos and others. My wife is a Stones fan and I've developed a deeper appreciation of them too. My latest favorite is Asleep at the Wheel and Western Swing!?
We live in Chester County outside of Philadelphia and I seem to fit that older demographic BigBear mentioned. I just want to learn to play better for my own self. Neil is a great teacher and I'm getting better all the time.

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi from Canada, Bob! Looking forward to seeing you more online and in the forums.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:41 pm

HI Bob Welcome to TG, what a very thoughtful gift, if your wife had membership I'd give her the Karma point lol.

Its a great site and you're inthe right place to learn heaps and more. Good team on the Fourms also some useful stuff and some not so useful but nevertheless a lot of fun to be had here.

regards

Chas from New Zealand

Lavallee

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:07 am

Hi Bob, I am from Canada also and I want to welcome you to TG. Lots of fun, lot to learn, great teacher, great site management. This is fantastic that you can play with your wife. Looking forward to chat with you. Don't hesitate to ask questions or to add your comments.

I often go in your area (King of Prussia) for business, very nice area.

Marc

AndyT

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:39 am

Hi Bob.
Good to see you onboard! Karma to your wife!

tovo

Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:10 am

Hi Bob from Australia. Good to see you here and hope you enjoy being part of the forum and the site.

haoli25

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:55 am

Hi Bob. Glad to have you with us. Kiss that sweet wife of yours again for the TARGET membership, it may be the best gift you ever receive. :)
Another Ray Benson fan here. If you have any questions or need any help, just ask.

Bill

jayswett

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:38 am

I agree completely that a TG membership is a great gift.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:30 am

Welcome from the Alps Bob. Great gift, smart wife: what more can a man wish for? See you around the forums and groups. Chris

Music Junkie

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:33 am

Hey Bob! Welcome from Ventura, CA. Glad you made it. What a great gift! Is she learning along with you? Glad you took the time to give an intro. There never seems to be a shortage of things to learn around here, so have fun!

MJ Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic