Hello from Jacksonville, FL

captainkdp

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:36 am

Hello everyone I go by Catfish and I've been a Target member for a couple weeks now. I found TG by watching Neil's video to "A Horse With No Name" on Youtube. I just started playing guitar back in August and really enjoy it. I used to think I should of started this years ago, but now realize that God meant me to start playing now because of Neil and TG. The beginner lessons have been going great and I'm having fun learning the campfire tunes. My taste in music is mostly Classic Rock, Classic Country, and Folk. Jacksonville is the home of Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers, .38 Special and Molly Hatchet so I love me some Southern Rock! My guitar is a 1974 Epiphone Texan. Someday I hope to own a Martin and make the Texan my campfire guitar. Well enough ramblin'. I'm ready to dive in and look forward to meeting everyone. Happy Pickin' - Catfish

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:44 am

Hey Catfish! Welcome to the program from Oregon! Great to have you with us! Thanks for posting a great introduction so I didn't have to ask you, that's awesome!

What part of Florida do you live in? Can we assume that you are just starting out on the guitar? If so , you are in for a fun ride!! I wish I had this site when I was learning but as I recall it was Hal Leonard or Alfred E. Neumann or some such program teaching us Mary Had a Little Lamb. All I wanted to learn was Sunshine of Your Love or In-a-gadda-da-vida!! How times change!

Anyway, there is a ton of great info here as you've probably seen but the people are even better. You will be surprised by how helpful and caring everyone is because we've wll shared the same problems. Trust me, the challenge of playing an F chord or F barre are pretty universal. Let us know if we can ever help you out or if you just need some encouragement.

Don't stay a stranger and best of luck with your guitar learning!

Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 am

Hi there Catfish from Switzerland! Florida seems a much better place right now that here (cold and grey). Congratulations on having the sense to recognise a brilliant teacher when you see one. Have a great time here and I'll see you around the forums.

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Catfish!

Welcome from Ventura, CA. You named some darn good bands there my friend. .38 Special has been a favorite of mine for many years. They have some great songs. Saw them in concert back in the 80's on there Tour De Force album (man that was a great show). I love the intro to "See Me In Your Eyes Tonight". I have a partial TAB for it that I did a year or so ago. Kind of hard for me to play. I am glad you took the time to give an intro here and I look forward to hearing from you around here!

MJ

:)

BobR

Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Bear - Jacksonville is in Northeast Florida, right south of the Georgia Line. I've been out to Oregon one time, back in '92 I think it was. I was chasing some tail somewhere north of Grants Pass. Very pretty country out there!

MJ - .38 is one of my favorite bands. My first concert with my wife was a .38 Special concert down in Ft. Lauderdale. I rode my Harley 9 hours in the rain to pick her up for it. Luckily the day of the concert the sun was shining and Donnie Van Zant was lighting up that guitar!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm stoked to learn the guitar and get to know everyone. - Catfish

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:53 am

Hey Catfish a warm welcome from Chas in New Zealand. Good choice to join our happy band here at TG. Mostly like minded people all very helpful, and a good range of music tastes.

don't be a stranger

Chas

AndyT

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 am

Let me say Aloha from the Pacific Bible Belt! :laugh:
Hawaii welcomes you to TG!
We already know that your just gonna love it here. Like Bear said, if you have any questions, feel free. Somebody somewhere knows the answer and if they don't Neil does.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic