Hello from Sweden

pineappletrain

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:47 am

Hi
i have been a member for 6 months maybe but i never found this thread until now so i though i would introduce myselfe since i havent done it yet :D (sorry for all the incorrect spelling in the upcoming text).

Ok so my name is Oskar and i come from and live in Sweden, i have played the guitar seriusly for maybe a year now, before that i didnt own a guitar but i could do some of the basic chords. I started playing the guitar as im goind my final yearh in high school(i think thats what you call it over there in the US, and you are 18 when you start the last year here) and a cind of personal projekt whe have do decide on and i decided to start playing guitar, we decided a year ago though and i have been playing since then. Now in the spring i will be demonstrating my projekt on our school stage which have room for 700 people (dont think that many will watch though) so im training hard almost every day for maybe 1.5 hours and its a wonderful instrument to play and im really glad i founf this website. Luckuly before that i hade played violin for 8 years so i know basic teorie i think and im not completly new to a instrument and that i think have helped alot.

I have learnd 3 songs now from this website, well 1 really (baybe im gonna leave you) cause i cant play the whole song on the two others, and that isnt wery mutch, i do know some songs which i learned by myselfe from a friend, internet etc and they are all fingerpicking cause i really like those cind of songs. So the reason wy i havent learned any more songs then just 1 here is because the other 2 songs are Classical Gas and Windy and Warm, they are cind of hard and i have just started on windy and warm and classical gas i have bin learning for 6 months maybe and im learning the c section now so im thrue the hard part but its still wery hard song to play but i do it anyways.
My next song that i want to play would be hotel california i think cause its also a classic and a god song.

That would be it, and feel free to ask any question.
/Oskar

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:53 am

Welcome Oskar... you picked the best ever school project to graduate on! Gives you an official excuse to be on TG all day long. Smart guy! Love Sweden especially in deep winter! Enjoy yourself here. YOu get an A for signing up and posting.

suziko

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Hej Oskar! Valkommen til TG! Jag alskar Sverige- det ar sa vackert! You've picked some VERY challenging songs for your first couple of songs. I admire your courage! Hope you'll post a video of yourself playing one of them in the next few months. Sounds like you have a good musical background, so I'm sure you'll progress quickly. Good luck! Hejda- Suzi

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 pm

Oskar, Great intro, thank you! Did you learn English that well in school? That is impressive! I lived in Germany for a few years and I always said the Germans spoke better English than most Americans! I'm sure most of my English, Aussie and Kiwi friends would agree with that anyway! LOL! :lol: Apparently, the Swedes fall into that group too! Good job!

Welcome again! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Hej Oskar! Valkommen til TG! Jag alskar Sverige- det ar sa vackert!
Good job that it's Suzie the linguist saying that... if it was Bear Oskar would probably be breaking off Swedish/American relations by now..... :-)
I know Bear is coming right up.....

Post Edit. Ah, too late!!
YOu'll get used to this Oskar....

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Oskar:

Welcome from Ventura, CA. That is awesome that you could choose something like this for your project. It is something that will stay with you for the rest of your life if you are lucky. Hope you have fun with it and I would love to see the video of your project when it is finished!

MJ

:)

pineappletrain

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi aggain guys and thank you for your comments

I have been thinking about posting a video of myselfe playing so i guess i will do so but that will only be some song that i know now, ill have to plan a program of songs to play on the stage and ill be happy to run those by you guys before i present it :). No most of my english i have learned from interacting with people on the internet i guess, i am told that my accent is wery good to by my american friend but i dont know how honest he is ;).

RE:Suziko
Hej Oskar! Valkommen til TG! Jag alskar Sverige- det ar sa vackert! You've picked some VERY challenging songs for your first couple of songs. I admire your courage! Hope you'll post a video of yourself playing one of them in the next few months. Sounds like you have a good musical background, so I'm sure you'll progress quickly.

Hejsan tack för din väldig snälla commentar det uppskattas :).
Yes sweden can be really beautiful especially in the winter which is my favrite time of the year cause i love skiing and such :D. Are you from sweden or do you just know some swedish ?

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:09 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hej Oskar! Valkommen til TG! Jag alskar Sverige- det ar sa vackert!
Good job that it's Suzie the linguist saying that... if it was Bear Oskar would probably be breaking off Swedish/American relations by now..... :-)
I know Bear is coming right up.....

Post Edit. Ah, too late!!
YOu'll get used to this Oskar....

Hey, I'm 3/4 Swedish!! I love the Swedes! Great people! ;)

pineappletrain

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:26 pm

BigBear wrote:
Hey, I'm 3/4 Swedish!! I love the Swedes! Great people! ;)

Hahah no awesome sweden is a great country with its free edukation. Oh i forgot to mention my guitar its a steel stringed jack & Danny guitar (dont know exact model) that is semy acoustic which i think is great cause i like having that extra plugin power just in case ;)

suziko

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Oskar, Nej, jag ar inte svensk, jag ar amerikansk, men min man talar po-svenska och vi resade dar for vor brollopsresa. Vi var i Stockholm i Goteborg. Jag tycker mycket om Sverige! Jag vil resa dar igen. That's about the extent of my swedish, sorry! I'm sure it's completely ungrammatical, so please forgive me. I've forgotten most of what I learned. That's what happens as you get older, I guess. Anyway, welcome to TG, and we all cannot wait to see you post a video of the songs you're preparing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic