Hello from the North Atlanta, GA burbs

AndyT

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi, I'm Wilson. And before I'm invited to post here, by a larger and furrier creature than myself... My ax is a Yamaha APX900. And should you care to see if the flesh resembles the madness within LOL, there are a few pics in my profile. I'm what Neil would call an intermediate guitarist. I can play parts of a lot of stuff, but only a few entire songs. But I'm here to become a solo guitarist. Angelina, Midsummer Day Dream, Big Love, Windy and Warm are just a few things I aspire to play. But I don't think you need a lot of notes and advanced technique to play a song with an ineffable musical grace that creates a sense of awe and wonder. That's really what I'm after. And I try to surround my self with musicians who do and inspire just that. I have a bunch of favorites and subscriptions in my Youtube site to some astounding guitarist who post new stuff most every day. Check it out if you want to see want to see what I mean, and what I aim to accomplish: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wils0n951 I've already seen some great instruction here and I'm very impressed by the what the guitarists here have learned from it and what it's brought out in them. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm really looking forward to the trip, and I'm already expecting great things to come of it. Peace be the journey, Wilson

AndyT

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Nice opening Wilson. Good thing you beat the big hairy one to it. He gets mighty hungry when he wakes up from his naps. :laugh:

I know what you mean about a guitarist that can play something and it comes out so simply graceful that it almost brings tears to you. I love that stuff.

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi Wilson, so you do not live near Stonehenge? ;). I really like your guitar model. What color is it?

Marc

goldleaf

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 am

No, but I do occasionally swim across the pond to leave some tracks and make a few crop circles. And it's the natural finish. I've liked Yamaha guitars since I saw Rik "the rocket" Emmet playing one back in the 80's. The neck feels great in my hands, the thin body is really comfortable, and I love the built in tuner.

haoli25

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:30 am

Welcome Wilson. Good to have you with us. I think you will like it here. If you have any questions, please ask. Be sure to share any tips you have too. When you have a chance, check out the User Groups.

Bill

tovo

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:37 am

Wilson I feel like we have been chatting for a while now but when someone posts an intro, one would be rude not to respond with a hello, welcome and enjoy.

BigBear

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:28 am

wilson951 wrote:
Hi, I'm Wilson. And before I'm invited to post here, by a larger and furrier creature than myself...

I love it!! Great post Wilson and welcome again! I'm getting a reputation!! :cheer:

aitch

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:51 am

Welcome from South Carolina. Glad you're here.

Music Junkie

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:12 am

Hey Wilson! Glad you are here, and hope you are having fun. Have a good buddy that lives in Marietta (sp?). Love the area. Thanks for the intro, and have a good time!

MJ

:)

Yamaha48

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 am

tovo wrote:
Wilson I feel like we have been chatting for a while now but when someone posts an intro, one would be rude not to respond with a hello, welcome and enjoy.
Thanks, and good on ya mate! I really admire the Australian culture... The tough rugged attitude tempered with a polite and friendly kind of class and humor. It's great to see so many like minded folks around here, keeping the music alive and growing!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic