Hi from the Treasure Coast, Florida

reiver

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi there

Welcome from the UK - hope you have a lot of fun here...

Just had a look at the tab for sweet baby james......it looks ok to me. The fingering for the top 3 strings is the same for both chords - and the change of chord from Em7 to A7sus4 is actually just a change in the bass note which we can play from the E in the 2nd measure (6th string) to the A in the 3rd and 4th measures (5th string).

Hope this is clear

r

reiver

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Aloha, Old Surfer. I hope to be 55 in 10 years or so. And I had a brush with danger once, involving a surfer chick. That has to count for something...

And if I knew twice as much about the guitar, I still wouldn't know half as much as Neil. It's amazing to see him play that well and teach that brilliantly, BOTH at the same time! Especially in the TG Live and Fly On The Wall vids. And getting your first student video ready for review should clear up some of those bad habits up post-haste, or at least postmortem LOL

Welcome and Aloha...

P.S. Nothin' wrong with bein' a late starter, or even a Real Late Starter...

[video][/video]

Lavallee

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:09 am

reiver wrote:
Hi there

Welcome from the UK - hope you have a lot of fun here...

Just had a look at the tab for sweet baby james......it looks ok to me. The fingering for the top 3 strings is the same for both chords - and the change of chord from Em7 to A7sus4 is actually just a change in the bass note which we can play from the E in the 2nd measure (6th string) to the A in the 3rd and 4th measures (5th string).

Hope this is clear

r
Hi Reiver, I was trying to say that the tab can be played as such but if you look at the video in the camp fire section, you can see Neil placing his fingers for the regular Em and one finger for the A7( on B of 5th string and E on 4ht string for the Em7 and the same for the A7).

Marc

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Hey Old Surfer welcome from up the road on the First Coast. Always good to see another Floridian on TG and I look forward to hearing from you in the months ahead. Enjoy.

Catfish

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic