Hi from Southeastern NC!

ncsurfer

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:17 am

My first post ever.......on anything. I am far from computer savvy but I stifled my internetphobia and took the leap for the Target program because Neil is so good. Excellent website! Great choice of songs and, most important to me, a very friendly feel to it. Hoping to see some John Prine songs in there someday.

I am definitely in the beginner category despite (or because of) trying to play off and on for years. Noodling but never progressing...so I'm here to change restrictive habits (yes Neil, I am now relearning my A and G chord fingering..), play some good music and make some new friends.

I recently invested in a decent guitar (Taylor 114ce) and am committed to practicing to bring my playing up to a level that the Taylor deserves. The hours I used to spend abusing my body in sports will now be spent assaulting the ears of my family. My orthopedist will be happy.

I kick myself every day for not committing earlier in my life. Music has always been a constant in my life and its about time I start participating. As a movie character once said "No matter where you go, there you are".....well, here I am. Time to set things right.

Catman

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:42 am

Hi ncsurfer,

Let me be the first to welcome you to TG and congratulate you on your first ever post. This is definitely the place to build up your skills.

Kudos on your choice of guitar, it's a good one.

David

dennisg

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:56 am

As an old guy, and a Taylor player, I can only say that you came to the right place. TG provides us with the opportunity to learn as much as we want to learn and to get as good as we want to get at the guitar. As I've said in the past, I just took up the guitar again after a 35-year hiatus, and I've never enjoyed playing more -- and it's all due to the supportive community that TG provides. Enjoy your time here.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

BigBear

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:24 am

Hey NCSurfer, big welcome to the program from the Left Coast (Oregon). We're really glad to have you with us! Great introduction, thanks!

Man did you come to the right place! So many of us have played for years and always wished we would have made more progress but unless we invested in private lessons it was often frustrating. I frequently say that I have made more progress in the few months I've belonged to TARGET than I have in the previous 40 years of casual playing.

As you can tell, Neil is the real deal, a great musician but more importantly, a gifted teacher. Despite a large, growing program you always feel Neil really cares about us.

Finally, this forum is a great resource. Tons of useful info and really wonderful people. So don't be a stranger and if we can ever help you in any way just ask and you'll get more help than you can possibly use!

p.s. Great choice in guitars! I have two Taylors (and a Larrivee) and I wouldn't trade them for anything! I wish my playing matched their quality!

Cheers!! :cheer:

reiver

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 am

Hello from the UK. I'm sure that you'll have a great time here and you'll get out as much as you're willing to put in. Just found John Prine recently myself and I would heartily second a request for some lessons.

Look forward to trading some views here on the forum...

r

Lavallee

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:45 am

Welcome to TG from Canada, NCSurfer, there is always someone to help if you need anything. Looking forward to hear about your opinions in the forum.

Marc

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Welcome ncsurfer from another surfing mecca, Vetura, CA - home of "Surfer's Point" and "The Rincon". Glad you found your way to the site and decided to join. Lot's of good folks here who are always willing to help out. I noticed you were finding your way to the groups as well, so that's great. Feel free to ask any questions, and I look forward to your future posts!

MJ Image

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:10 pm

Welcome to Tg from Chas in New Zealand, I have no idea where Southern NC is though lol Anyways good decision mate , one you won't regret. Great teacher great mates great songs al in all its just simply Great!!

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
I have no idea where Southern NC is though lol
The southern part of North Carolina. On the eastern seaboard of the US....ther's your geography lesson for the day....lol

:woohoo:

Lavallee

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:40 pm

I would add north of SC
Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic