New guy from Michigan.

jdrdracing

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:50 am

Hello everybody!!

My name is Jeff and as the title says I'm in Mich. where it's currently 15* and snowy. I watch these videos and Neil is in flip-flops and Hawaiian shirts. Doesn't seem fair. :lol:

I've been playing for about 2 years. I took a few lessons, that were helpful, but didn't care for the teacher. I've watched hundreds of videos and just stumbled upon Neils on Youtube a couple of days ago. I've learned more in the last 2 days from him than I have in the last 6 months!! His videos are incredible!!

I just signed up with the TARGET program and I'm really exctited about learning some new stuff. Sounds like I got in just in time.

Anyways, awesome site and thank you Neil!! Time to jam!! :woohoo:

Lavallee

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:28 am

Hi Jeff, welcome from Canada (where you are getting the snow from ;) ). Glad you joined TG. Neil is the best teacher and as you already noticed, your playing will improve dramatically. Feel free to participate in the forum to share your opinions or ask questions.

Marc

dennisg

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:10 am

Greetings from Seattle, where it's been sunny and about 20 degrees F. For those in the rest of the world, 20 degrees F converts to minus-7 C. That's freaking cold -- especially for Seattle. But I'll take sunny and cold over gray and rainy any day.

But enough small talk about the weather. Welcome to TG. You made a great decision by joining up, and you'll get your money's worth a hundred times over. After being here for only a short time, you'll wonder why anyone pays good money for traditional lessons anymore.

Enjoy the site. Explore often. Drill down into the various features. And, most of all, have fun.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

mark

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:16 am

Welcome to the Target program.

I can definately symphathize with watching people do videos in flip flops and shorts.
I'm from England and I started doing videos in about July/august.

When I started I was in just a t-Shirt. Now I'm in 3 or 4 layers.

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:48 am

Hey Jeff! Welcome from Ventura, CA. We are currently in between very cold storms and it is way below our normal of about 75 F this time of year. Got down to the low 30's this week with highs of 50 or so.

Really glad you found the site and decided to join. Neil and the gang run a great ship here, and we have lots of fun while improving our skills.

Cheers!

MJ

BobR

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi Jeff,

Welcome from Massachusetts. Just put on a Hawaiian shirt when you practice :lol: Anyway I know you're going to enjoy your decision to join. Keep on strumming.

Bob

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:12 pm

HI Jeff, A warm welcome form sunny New Zealand, its end of Spring and summer is on its way temp is avg mids 20's C at moment. So getting warm not quite Hawaiian shirts and jandals (flip flops) yet though although some guys wear flip flops (jandals) all year round here and shorts !!

Great decision, you have so much to catch up on with all thats been said and done so far.

HOpe to see ya around

Chas

BigBear

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Hey Jeff, Big Welcome from Oregon where it feels like Michigan! 12 degrees this morning. That probably feels like Hawaii to you guys!

Glad to have you with. You will really enjoy all the great info and especially the people. Let us know if we can ever help you out!

Good luck on your musical journey!

Cheers! :cheer:

Moondog

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:39 pm

Welcome from Beautiful Western Washington

Glad you found us

Mike

tovo

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi Jeff welcome to TG from Australia where it is generally warm and sunny everywhere at this time of year. We don't wear flip flops or jandals down here though, we wear our thongs (I'm talking about the ones on our feet not the other ones) Anyway after that piece of trivia let me get back on track by saying you have made a really good decision to join here and I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic