New member from New York

dino2009

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:39 am

I have been around Music all my life. I played drums for many years. Later on I built a recording studio and learned audio engineering from SAE New York. I have been trying to learn guitar and have spent the last year practicing every day. The guitar is much easier to keep around and play with a family now.

I would consider myself beginner/intermediate and I'm looking to get more solid on many more aspects of the guitar.

I have been playing mostly acoustic this year on a Yamaha LJ6 which i love and i am planning on getting to my Jimmy Vaughn Strat. this year. I have a few other inexpensive acoustics and a traveler speedster for fun.

Looking forward to learning more...

Dino

BigBear

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Hey Dino! Big welcome from Oregon where we're enjoying this deep freeze that is gripping the country.

You will really enjoy this site. There is more useful, practical information collected here than on any other guitar site I've found. Plus the people are great and a lot of fun to interact with.

With your recording background you could be a huge resource for us all so don't stay a stranger!

Again welcome and let us know if can ever help you out!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Hey Dino thanks for the introduction. I don't recall too many members from New York, nice to have you with us. I'm sure you will enjoy the site. Welcome.

suziko

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Welcome, Dino, to TG! I'm a former New Yorker (upstate) myself. Whereabouts do you live? Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Welcome Dino from Switzerland! We sure could use a sound engineer around here! If you have time join the techi group and you will will instantly become as popular as AcousticAL who is a cameraman. Looks like you and TG could be a perfect fit. :-)

Er, Bear must be confused, he didn't ask you what part of the country you are from. ;-)

Oh, you'll get used to it!

wrench

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Dino,

From one LJ6 guy to another, Welcome to TG.

I got my LJ6 about three months ago, and I really like it. Hint - put medium gauge strings on it then buckle up as it goes into musical overdrive.

wrench

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:10 am

HI Dino, Welcome to TG, if you'd joined us a few months ago you could have had an Avatar that would complimented my old one 'Fred Flintstone'. Long story...

Anyway good decision to join us here and your insight into sound engineering will be a welcome addition.

Enjoy the site mate and the camraderie.

Chas from New Zealand

reiver

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:24 am

Dino

Hi from the uk. Good to have you here.

r

dino2009

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:12 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Suzi I'm down state on Long Island but I have been in the Ski Hunter/Windam areas many times.

Wrench I'm using EXP 16's right now .12 - .53. What gauges are you using ? I think the guitar is a great value.

Thanks again.

Dino

dennisg

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:51 am

Greetings from the great Pacific Northwest, Dino. You're going to love it here in our little gated community known as Totally Guitars.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic